Need to move - dicey situation

onthecoach

Hi All,

Not sure if this really belongs in the "full-timing" category, but here goes:

As you all know, I am living in Frederick, MD in my motorhome w/my dog, waiting for DH to finish his stint in the Middle East.

The problem, is that the place where I am staying is starting to deteriorate. The "manager' has never taken any responsibility for anything here in the 15 months I have been here. It has always be a fight to get the grass mowed and get the light bulbs changed on the lampposts on the street. As it is, he is only available on Tues and Thurs from 10:00am to 2:00pm -- when everyone is at work!!

I have tried to reach a 'higher' authority, but the company seems to be some kind of layered LLC with no single person named as President. It all seems very shady and slimy. The tax bill goes directly to the man who is the 'manager', so I have had no luck going up the ladder.

In the past 3 months, he has been shoving all manner of trailers into every square inch of open space and doubling up on all services. Now there are several 'less than desirable elements" living w/in 20 feet of me.

I am looking to move, but the closest campgrounds to Fredrick, MD are 30-50 miles away.

Does anyone know of any smaller, private, or even individual sites with EWS in the Fredrick/Urbana/Walkersville/Myersville, MD area? I have a friend who also works and lives in her motorhome and we are both on the edge of feeling less than secure in the current environment. We are quiet and mind our own business. We are more than willing to pay a fair monthly rent.

If anyone has any ideas and/or knows of people we can contact, I would be eternally grateful!!! thank you!

rjf7g

Re: Need to move - dicey situation

Come south a bit, I have some places in central Virginia I ca recommend.

onthecoach

Thanks, Becky!! I would jump at the chance, but that would be a really L-O-N-G commute to my job!!

onthecoach

Hello ALL!!

Well, I've been asked to leave my site as of Aug 1. The "manager" got angry because I contacted the elec power co directly to get my bill paid, because he had not paid the park electric bill in 3 months and the power co came out just before the 4th of July Weekend and shut down everyone's power!! (Our rent includes the electric on the site.)

Mr. "Manager" kept telling me my power would be on at 6pm that night, then at noon next day, then at 6pm THAT evening...each time I called the power co and they told me they had no work order to my meter, because the bill had not yet been paid.

I asked what I had to do to get it the power back on, so I did not have to go through the 3-day weekend w/no power? I paid them the $69.95 they wanted and my power was on that evening. I sent a letter to Mr. Manager and to the owners of this place and told them I would be deducting said $69.95 from my next rent payment.

Mr. Manager came by a day or so later and gave me a check for $69.95. I said, "I was just going to deduct it from my rent." He said, "NO! We don't do that here!" OK!

Two days later, on July 10th, I get a letter taped to my door: "Your RV site will no longer be available as of July 16, 2009. Please vacate our park by that date."

HMMMMMMMMMMMm.... ok. I called Mr. Manager and asked what the problem was. He said he already promised my site to someone else. (I've been here 16 months now.) I said, "why would you do that, I have not given you any notice that I was planning to leave?" He said, "It may or maynot have been my decision, but the decision has been made."

"Ok", I said. "But it is unreasonable to expect me to find another place in 6 days. I need til the end of the month." He agreed to that.

SO, I am moving to Madison, VA....a lovely KOA Kampground....a REAL CAMPGROUND with REAL RVers who know and understand our life!! :) I am now getting excited about my new adventure...this is a good thing, because I was so angry I couldn't even SPEAK!!!

I am sad to have to be farther away from my family, but it is only 2 hours...so I'm sure we can work it out.

When God Closes a Door, He Opens a Window!!! :laugh:

C Nash

Well Lynn' seems as though the manager made up your mind for you :laugh: . Think you will be better anyway. Sounds like a place to stay away from. Everything happens for a reason. Enjoy the move and good luck. Keep us posted

vanole

Lynn,

Hope things work out for you at the new park. Management of the previous place needs there bell rung in my opinion. I've stayed two nights at the KOA in Madison before and never had a problem. I'm sure you will experience the same.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

LEN

Maybe you should send a note to the manager with a threat of a law suit(personal) not the camp ground for discrimination against a senior citizen. Even with no suit it could be fun to see a wiggle. And site your distress at having no power because of the no payment causing you much pain and suffering.

LEN

SnowbirdInFlight

Lynn, I'm with Len on this one. Unless they give you a reason, they can't just summarily tell you to leave. :angry: Sounds to me like a revenge thing for you going over their heads and getting your lights on. Plus the embarassment factor that you found out they were behind in their electric bill. I'm sure a letter from a lawyer would change their tune. After they back down and tell you that you can stay I'd tell them to shove it and move! Ha-ha. :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Lynn,
I was in that KOA last weekend, over the 4th. I have been there quite a few times. Bob and Sandy run a tight ship, but they are nice people. My Mother in Law lives about a mile from there. Maybe next time in town, my wife and I can meet you at the Pig N Steak!!! If you don't know the place, you will SOON.

rjf7g

I love the Pig N Steak - I stop there on most trips back from DC. Madison County VA is beautiful. I have never stayed at the KOA there but see that they are open until December 19 -- I may try it for my Thanksgiving outing.

onthecoach

Dear Friends, Thank you all so much for your support!

I did consult a lawyer about the situation, and he said that since I did not have a lease, I really had no leg to stand on. I could leave at any time, and Mgt to ask me to leave at any time. This behavior is not NEW at this location! My neighbors and I have seen this very small minded person behave badly for the entire 14 months I have been living here.

Last week, after the power cut-off problem, I was told by my neighbor that I had a HUGE RAT living under my coach. (I am SCRUPULOUSLY CAREFUL about making sure no food items or trash are EVER left outside the coach -- EVER!!) I believe this critter (and probably many of his relatives) are living in/under/around the mobile-home trailers on either side of me.

Yesterday, when I came home for lunch, 2 MD State Troopers were parked in my spot. I thought: "Holy Mackeral, what the heck did I do now?!?!?" The good news, they were not there for me. The bad news, They were there to tell all the residents that 2 ARMED convicts had escaped from the jail 4 miles away! (I didn't know there was a jail that close to me!!) They told us to stay inside and lock our doors!!

OH YES!!! I AM GOING TO MISS THIS PLACE!!!

Please contact me in Madison, VA at the KOA to say HI!! I welcome the chance to meet any and all of you!!! :laugh:

C Nash

Lynn sounds like you need to get out of dodge FAST. Keep us posted. Think I would count my blessings that the manager made me leave :laugh: Rats are pretty common everwhere but seems as though those will be right at home with that manager :laugh:

onthecoach

Thanks, C NASH!! I am counting the days until I can leave this dump! I have always felt that people like this guy will get theirs --- later!!!

H2H1

Well Lynn count your blessing that your are leaving. But I am sure you know that BIG RATS and DIRTY RATS LIVE TOGETHER. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: MOVE AND MOVE NOW

big bilko

Both the manager and the rats have done you a favour. Sounds like the manager will get his just deserts one day. Good luck on your new endeavours I am sure it must be an improvement.Regards from down under. BIG BILKO ;) :) :) :) :)

LEN

Lynn, I think you should call the county health dept. and tell them of the rat problem, After your out. Then the RAT can deal with some social rats LOL

LEN

onthecoach

Thanks...I am reluctant to discuss plans until I am gone. Don't know who 'monitors' this forum ;)