NEED YOUR HELP..

RRRT

We are planning a one year trip around the U.S. and need some help

We are trying to figure out in what order to make our stops. We will be leaving Jacksonville,FL the first of July. and travailing to the spots below.
1.Nashville, TN
2. Phoenix, AZ
3. Indianapolis, IN
4. Chicago, IL
5. Denver. CO
6. Sacramento,CA
7. Houston, TX
8. Columbus, OH
9. LIttle Rock, AR
10 Las Vegas, NV

we will staying in each with a 60 day buffer. So we are trying to figure out the best plan route.

Any help would be great..
thanks

ARCHER

Re: NEED YOUR HELP..

Well,, I'd just use some common sense and plan my route soo that I would go to the next closest place each time I move on. Sure would not want to dive to California then back to Oh and then back to Las Vegas. You see what I mean. Get a map out and put flag/pins in each place you want to visit, then draw a line between each closest place. As an add on, you may want to come back to Florida using the Southern route (stop at New Orleans, etc.) Good luck and have fun but beeeeeee safeeeeee.

Grandview Trailer Sa

If you have a route planner, like Microsoft Streets and Trips, it will guide you through your route. Like Archer says, you will need to know what is your next stop, but then the program will give you the best roads.

TexasClodhopper

Here's a map showing your destinations.

RRRTmap.jpg

Nashville, TN, US
Phoenix, AZ, US
Indianapolis, IN, US
Chicago, IL, US
Denver, CO, US
Sacramento, CA, US
Houston, TX, US
Columbus, OH, US
Little Rock, AR, US
Las Vegas, NV, US

TexasClodhopper

Hey, there's still a little spark in the old cylinder yet! :laugh:

Ah, it's just Yahoo's excuse of a trip planner. They all brag about trip planning, but they only let you put in the beginning and ending points. At least Yahoo lets you put points one after another, but none of them let you sort the list out to make an EFFICIENT or "common sense" route.

I thought maybe if everyone could see the points, then the common sense can be used. I can see a pretty good route loop. Here's one way that I think uses the freeways OK.

Jacksonville,FL
Little Rock, AR, US
Houston, TX, US
Phoenix, AZ, US
Las Vegas, NV, US
Sacramento, CA, US
Denver, CO, US
Chicago, IL, US
Indianapolis, IN, US
Columbus, OH, US
Nashville, TN, US
Jacksonville,FL

TexasClodhopper

RRRTmapGoogle.jpg

Here's Google's version of interactive routing. It also gives you the total mileage of the line you draw. (You can zoom in or out and make the line follow the road exactly if you want to be perfect!)

Note: It is over 7000 miles as shown.

Here's a link to the actual map if you want to "play with the dots".

View Larger Map

G

See i told u Tex is gonna be the next Bill Gates of the RV world ;) :laugh: :approve:

TexasClodhopper

Well, I was there when he started poking around with his computer ... and I did use his software when itsaid version #1 ... ;) :laugh:

Kirk

Isn't Texas where Michael Dell is from? Perhaps Tex is really a fake name for a real geek?

TexasClodhopper

Dar' ain't no geeks in Texas ... dem's da real ting!

I be glad ta sho' ya any ting ya wanna know! Iff'n ya'll was ta ask it ... ;)

twowiggins

RE: NEED YOUR HELP..

You have a year to cruise. Can i ask, are there relatives at each of these stops? I was wondering how you decided on these locations and yet missed some great ones around the country. )

TexasClodhopper

Here's the reason 'old' Dan has become an RVer (not that there is anything wrong with it; just an explaination.) A quote from his 'Rolling Real Estate' website:

We’ve set a date for July 1, 2008. That’s when we’re heading out on our journey across the country. We’ ll be buying and selling real estate in every city that we stop in. We’ve been in the creative real estate business together since 1999 and will continue to do deals while we’re on the road. Most gurus say that you can do deals anywhere in this country if you just have the knowledge regardless of market conditions. We’re gonna put the real estate gurus to the test and find out how true that really is. It IS a pretty bold statement, don’t you think???

As a matter of fact, we’re going to challenge ourselves to buying AND selling at least one house in every place that we stop. We’re gonna find out if this really IS a buyer’s market. We’re going to find out if what the gurus say are true. Can we REALLY make a deal work anywhere in this country and get a check in 30 days or less? We’ve been doing it here since 1999 and have no problems getting checks. We are, however, comfortable in our market and know exactly what we’re doing here. Other markets? We’re not so sure. That is something that we’ll certainly find out.

I'm assuming it will be a VERY slow RV trip considering the real estate market that I'm aware of! ;)