never owned a cab over camper before

i am looking into buying a used self container cab over camper to put it over my truck so that i can travel around a few days and come back and then travel again.

of course the camper must have shower, toiler,....

i need help to find the correct front tie down and rear tie down. i look into the internet, there is no drill front and rear tie down.

i would like to know if the seller has a ford 250 and i have a dodge 2500, will the no drill tie down for ford fit into my dodge?

if not, what is the main different.

joyce

Re: never owned a cab over camper before

From the tone of your posts, I don't think you're ready for a pick-up camper nor anything else....Buy some camping books and read all you can. Mentally prepare yourself, if you know what that is, for a year or so, then come back with your questions

hertig

The various truck manufacturers have a tendancy to introduce minor diffences between their products. Will this affect a Tie down? Perhaps. My 2001 GMC would not accept a bed cover designed for a 1998 GMC without modification.

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of the tie down and see what makes, models and years it will fit.

DL Rupper

Hey joycemok, welcome to the forum. Most cabover campers have the shower as part of the toilet (crapper) and sink with a flimsy shower curtain that is supposed to contain the water. Not the best arrangement. All fixtures contained in a very small space. Most cabovers are very heavy and tax all but the most heavy duty 3/4 or 1 ton suspensions. Make sure your truck has the capacity to safely haul the camper. Good luck.

I can tell you that a Ford tiedown system with not work on a Dodge truck. There might be a universal system but if you are looking for a "no drill" system they are vehicle specfic.