New Chevy trucks

C Nash

New Chevy trucks

Drummerman,
There have been some problems that I know about in the 6.o engines but, I have not heard of any other than the anglefire post on the 8.1. GM is supposed to have a new design teflon coated piston that will elimitate the piston slap. It is due out the first quarter of this year so time is growing short. GM says they will replace them if the customer objects to the slap. I probably would just leave mine alone if I had one and have it documented so if I had trouble down the road. Seen to many mechanics that dont know which way the piston goes in. Hay, all you greese monkeys, I can knock you because I was, am one. I would probably get him and end up with more problems than I had to start with. Course I'am the type that generally does all my own work anyway. I would try using a different weight oil, maybe a straight 30 w h detergent oil and the Lucas oil additive.The shorter skirts really help the performance of the engines. We racers have been using them for years, not much more on ours than ring groves! It is not the same piston slap that us oldtimers remember when we had to kurl the piston to swell them a little. Have heard them slap and run for years. Some of the best engines I have every owned had a slap but, I understand when you pay the price of these new vehicles we don't like to hear these knocks. Hay' we pay extra to get that diesel knock, sounds like all the rods are knocking mine. The guy thats complaning could just tell all he has a DIESEL Don't worry, Be happy, Life is toooooo short to do all we want!! Just think, If we had not been born we would not have to complain.
PS: Want be able to visit the board much for awhile, racing season starts Saturday and we don't have our car ready Son better get busy! Engine still out, trans not ready and out of cash
Chelse L. Nash
fulltimer03@yahoo.com]

Edited by - c nash on Feb 13 2002 10:55:00 PM

drummerman

New Chevy trucks

Jae

Do you know it you got one of the new engines that were supposed to replace the bad ones. These were suppose to go into all the new 2002's

Drummerman

keygirl

New Chevy trucks

The piston slap story on the GM scared me into
a Ford F250 turbo disel 7.3 and I'm so glad !
I really like this truck !

C Nash

New Chevy trucks

Keygirl, bet if you idle both vehicles, the 7.3 & 8.1 side by side you would not be able to hear the piston slap in the 8.1:) Amazing how we don't mind all that noise coming out of a diesel The 7.3 is a proven engine

Chelse L. Nash
fulltimer03@yahoo.com