New Diesel Coach

Stormin

We are researching and it seems Monaco has the most bang for the buck.
We are looking at Cross Country (Coachmen), Newmar, Monaco, Fleetwood etc. with 330 horse and 10,000 hitch. Pulling large SUV.
Does anyone have comments good or bad on these manufactures or the quality of product?
I have been reading your forum for a month now and have learned alot. Your information is very helpful.
Thanks

C Nash

New Diesel Coach

Of those mentioned I would check into the Newmar, Monaco. The cross Country is a good looking unit but don't know if it has the 10000tow package. fleetwood gets a lot of flap but, I would not worry about this. Bounder has some pretty good looking units. I like the fiberglass roofs or aluminium but, all have advantages and disavantages. Look and look some more and then when you have decided LOOK AGAIN.

Stormin

New Diesel Coach

We like the roadmaster chassis on the Monaco but hear mixed reviews on this forum. We heard its better than other coaches adapting the freightliner chassis to fit.
This seems to be the decision maker for us. Does anyone has any experience with these chassis?

Thanks for your reply and help CNash. I was starting to think I would not get any replys.
What do you mean by Fleetwood geets alot of flap?

C Nash

New Diesel Coach

Lot of fleetwood bashing on forums and negetive post but, there are probably more Fleetwood products sold than any other (just a guess). Freightliner makes different chassis so ck the ratings. Check the CCC on any unit you are looking at. I have even seen some deisels that had poor CCCs. I would be a little leary of the fleetwood full slide. Kind of leary of units that both sides have slides. Seems like it would weaken the structure but thats just my opinion based on nothing. have been looking into some deisels myself but the $$$$s keep geting in the way :laugh: I also like the cummin engines. Parts seem to cheaper and eaiser to find in my area.

airstream9161

New Diesel Coach

I've been looking also and in my opinion, the best built are Winnebago and Allegro Bay. Winnebago interlocking framework for the side walls and roof along with their chassis is a terrific selling point, although I am left a little cold with their interior design. I used to own an 89 and it was a good one. I've looked into the Allegro Bay Phaeton and Bus and both appear to be high quality and very well designed inside. Monaco may be another choice for me, but I think it will be one of the first two. Alfa builds and extremely good looking interior, but have not heard good quality reports from the people I've talked to. I presently own a 96 Airstream Cutter, gas, and will use it thru this summer before trading up to my full time unit for retirement.

Good hunting