New Dodge Diesel

Grandview Trailer Sa

Decided to start a new thread after all.

DL,

Have you heard the new Dodge Diesel run? VERY quiet and impressive. A cup of coffee could sit on the intake and not spill. Now if they would just make the Mega Cab a long bed....

G

RE: New Dodge Diesel

Ken u might have started a dodge diesel war on here with that ,, but it gonna get interesting :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: ;) :eek:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: New Dodge Diesel

I still love my Duramax's, but have to admit I was impressed. Have not driven one, but the owner of that one sure was bragging.

Truck only had 600 miles on it, owner said he had only filled the tank once and it checked 16.5. That was not towing.

DL Rupper

Kenneth, I heard they won't make a long bed with the Mega cab. I don't think they can make the frame strong enough to support that long of a wheel base. I haven't heard one of the new Dodges running. When I was in Dayton, I had my oil changed and my dealer/salesman said he wanted to have me test drive one, but was out of stock at the time. He also said they have had about 3 of them come back burned up. Seems the catalytic converter gets super hot burning the emissions and the ones that came back the cat converters melted . That's why I keep suggesting buyers give them (big 3) 2 to 3 years to get the bugs out of the new diesel engines. :(

C Nash

I sure would hate for DL to find out but I have really always liked the Dodge dieseland I'll even spell it right this time. Will have to ck into the new ones but not interested in buying.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Solid points there. I had not heard of the problems. They will get bugs worked out. When you get a chance, take a look, but you will have to raise the hood to hear it.

I know Dodge won't build the Mega Cab Long Bed. Talked to them in Louisville a month ago. They can build a frame, look at 45' MH's. They won't because of cost involved. They don't think they will sell enough to get their money back, but personally, I think they are wrong. I do admit it would be a long son of a gun.

DL Rupper

I also heard from my salesman that they are coming out with a smaller Cummins diesel engine and putting it in the Dodge 1500's. Not sure if it was in 2008 or 2009. Should be a real barn burner for towing smaller TTs and 5ers. ;)

Grandview Trailer Sa

I saw the 2010 Chevy. Suburban in Louisville. It had a 4.5 Duramax Diesel in it. 300hp, upper 500's in torque and upper 20's for mpg. They told me that engine was going in 1500 pickups in '08 or '09.

Of course, they would not start it in the building, but I would have loved to hear it run. They did have the hood up, looked good. One thing they did to reduce noise was to remove the exhaust pipe to the turbo. Gases go into turbo right out of the block and the first exhaust pipe is out of turbo. They say the exhaust out of that Diesel is clean enough to breath. In fact they said the exhaust could go into tanks and you could breath it while diving. They have that engine meeting 2010 exhaust requirements right now.

TexasClodhopper

The problem with the frame is that the height of the frame has to be too high for a pickup truck when it gets that long (unless they use exotic metal.)

DL's catalytic converters would never get hot, since he would have installed 'cut-outs' so he could smell the smoke! ;)

Have any of you discussed the fate of Chrysler, in general, with any of those sales people?

DL Rupper

Don't know what will happen now that Daimler is out of the equation. :eek: Daimler did have some good ideas and designers.

PushPop

I'm loving my big ole truck. It's the first diesel and the first dodge i've owned...and I'm very happy with it thus far. As a single guy with no family, it's my primary vehicle. So getting around Houston can be a pain at times. okay, being a single guy, getting around the drive-thru restaurants can be a pain. haha But it is not NEARLY as lound as mi amigo's older dodge...that thang is as quiet as a mack truck. Pull the trigger and come on over Ken!!

Grandview Trailer Sa

I have owned 2 Dodges, I have no complaints. I don't bad mouth them. Don't ask me about the "other".
Right now I am real happy with my Duramax/Allison. :laugh:

G

Hey DL u do realize that Onan is a division of Cummins ,, i just thought i'd throw that in ,, and also Thermo King ,, is also a div of cummins ,,
Now that ought to make his head REAL big :eek: ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool:

C Nash

You mean I can go smell my Onan fumes and get the big head like DL :eek: :laugh: ;) aw shucks, I forgot mine burns gas bummer :dead: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Hey Rod, I knew that, but I don't get excited because my Onon burns Propane. Propane stinks. Doesn't smell good like cummins diesel smoke. ;) :laugh: :approve:

G

Man u let me down on this DL ,, i thought for sure u would have a diesel genset :disapprove: ,, oh well we are not all perfect ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: