new member with a few questions

tjvpga

Hi, we are new here and we hoping someone might have an answer to a few questions. We just bought a 1999 gulf stream sun voyeger. It came with a tow bar I never heard of. Its called a "tow me tow bar". Does anyone know anything about it? Also, does anyone know where I might be able to pick up the manuals for this rig? Dealer could not find them. Thanks for any help.

Gary B

Hi tjvpga, welcome to the forum and rving, your best bet for the manuals maybe the mfg. Gulfstream, as for the tow bar haven;t heard of that mfg or model. Good luck and happy camping. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

sepisllib

Likewise - I purchased my 1993 Gulfstream Tourmaster and it had nothing for manuals as to what works, where, and why. I called Gulfstream and they were super nice - asked if I wanted the manual for my coach and then after giving them my vehicle VIN# they said that they would ship one to me. The manuals have not yet arrived - but then it has only been 3 days too - but I am still trying to figure out the switches and buttons. As far as the tow bar - are you sure it is not the "Blue Ox" bar? One of the best out there as far as I am able to determine. I am in process of getting my 2001 Suburban 4X4 set up to tow behind mine. Going to use the Blue Ox and hard wired lights so that I do not have to pull fuses. Good luck. Bill

wanderlodge1977

Hello,

Disclaimer: None of the information I am providing in this reply is confirmed, nor should ANY towing decisions be made from it. It is anectdotel in nature since I know nothing of your equipment.

I bought a brand new "Tow-Me" tow bar 4 years ago and have never used it. They were made by a company called P&E Industries 1-800-847-1050. I saw your question and looked them up only to find I can't find them! They had two part numbers for their bars Pt#7810 "Tow-Me Bar" -$425 w/manual locking arms & Pt#7820 "Tow-Me Bar" -$550 w/self-locking arms. They are/were both rated for 8000 lbs towing capacity. I may have the original paperwork but do not know where it is at this time. If you need it (and I can find it) email me at patrick.guy@sbcglobal.net and I will attempt to help you.

Good Luck!

PG :laugh:
quote:Originally posted by tjvpga

Hi, we are new here and we hoping someone might have an answer to a few questions. We just bought a 1999 gulf stream sun voyeger. It came with a tow bar I never heard of. Its called a "tow me tow bar". Does anyone know anything about it? Also, does anyone know where I might be able to pick up the manuals for this rig? Dealer could not find them. Thanks for any help.