NEW problem: 1987 Winnebago Chieftan 27.... Ignitiion relay???

losangelespat

Me again.... found my antenna connection... in bedroom...
NOW having problem with ignition....
MH has 454 Cu Inch Chevy motor....
The wonderful "sea air" does wonders with metal....
Pictured here is my problem.... without this relay(?)... I have no spark....
I loosened it and moved it around enough for a 20 mile trip... but it started to fail 2 blocks from storage (but, made it)... by failing I mean engine started to shut down (no spark).
The location (looking from the rear of engine from cab) is left, rear... bolted to Valve Cover....
Does anyone know WHAT it is called... and the PART # would be REAL helpful....
Thanks... losangelespat

EDITED PICTURES OF MODULE ??
View attachment 243View attachment 244View attachment 245View attachment 246

I looked up Ignition Control Module.... and NONE look like this...

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION... looking at connection side...blades are labeled A-B-C-D...
AND looking from underside, connection to your right at top of connector is:
PATENT
?76497?
AND bottom has: EMU-6
which just might be Molex #

Attachments

• conv_164.jpg
    conv_164.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • conv_165.jpg
    conv_165.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
  • conv_166.jpg
    conv_166.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
  • conv_167.jpg
    conv_167.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
  • conv_168.jpg
    conv_168.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0

LEN

I would think about any auto parts shop or Chev garage parts should be able to identify it and get the part.

LEN

losangelespat

You would think so, Len.... but, haven't found it looking there, either.... that's why the post here...
I did just send a picture of it to Autoparts Warehouse, on-line store.... maybe THEY can help... the main problem is there is no parts # on it...
Am going to take apart the one that doesn't work... and see what the hell it is... lol
Pat

C Nash

Never seen anything like this that causes lost of spark. Are you saying no spark at plug wire?

losangelespat

WELL.... I didn't check.... it wouldn't start.... called the guy who found the "thingie" in a junk yard.... he said jiggle the wires and loosen connecting bolt and move "thingie" around.... I did... and engine started....
I took for granted there was no spark because there was no sign of ignition... and the gas WAS flowing.... could smell the flooding......
wouldn't it be a correct assumption that there was no spark with this happening????

G

looks like what u got is an ignition relay ,, it sends a signal to the ignition module once the engine is started ,, ,, i think i can find the part for ,, but give me time ,, i have seen this a few times

G

it can be found ,, and not used ,, PM me with the info on ur MH ,, such as model ,, yr ,, and engine ,, i think i have already found what u need ,, but need to be sure with the info ,, in fact i have it in stock on my shelf ,, if it is right ,, but need to know first :)

losangelespat

Possible Chevy Part#...... according to parts manager....
Air Injection Control Valve Module....
If I can't find .... will have to take the one that doesn't work apart... and rebuild (if I can find the IC's).....