New RV

Shadow

Hi guys, the rv show is coming up in Houston next week. We kind of narrowed our choice to a 2955rl Montana fifth wheel. Just a couple of questions. The shower stall is in the hall between the bedroom and living area. Some have a vent in the hall, but most don't. Is this an issue or not? (thinking of the steam). Also, the one we looked at had the arctic package,but did not have dual pane windows. Thanks in advance. Would like to hear any pros or cons on this model. Were getting dizzy looking at trailers.

C Nash

New RV

Butch' I would want a vent in the shower area and I would think the Artic package would include dual pane windows. The Montana is a step above the cougar (IMO) They are very popular in this area. Think they use the caged aluminum structure. Good luck

Shadow

New RV

Thanks Chelse,we own a lot on the coast,and we set it up with a cover and concrete pad. Have city water, septic, and power. We moved the cougar down and it,s our second home.(weekends vacation). Just got a little small the more we use it. Thanks again,we have extra hookups if you ever pass thru. The fishing great. :cool:

Shadow

New RV

Well were off to the RV show. Try to bend some arms today and go back tomorrow and do it all over again. Been learning a lot on these forums and think I know what to look for in a fifth wheel. Heres a list of things I came up with. Did I forget anything?
1. Artic package with duel pane windows
2.15,000 btu a/c
3.10-gallon water heater
4.Black tank flush
5.Water heater by-pass kit
6.Generator prep
7.Satellite prep
Well off to the show. :dead:

ARCHER

New RV

electric / lp water heater (that way you can save on lp). Hope yya got a truck to pull it home from the show.........have fun.

Shadow

New RV

Thanks Archer, forgot about that one. Good thing it was a standed feature. We went ahead with the Montana, same family as our Cougar. We've had good luck with this dealer, so we took the plunge. Chelse got me worried now, nobody said anything about money. Salesman said he would take a check, almost bought three of them. :bleh: :laugh: