New to Camping

jfox83

My wife and I recently purchased a 1989 31' fleetwood tery resort, any and all information anyone can provide would be very apreciated. or if there is a section for newbies please point us in the right direction. This summer we plan to keep it at the same park all year.

ARCHER

New to Camping

I would say the best thing for you to do, is ask questions (a little more specific type, please). You will get answers that will certainly help you learn and understand all about your new venture.
Welcome to the forum and good luck. :) ;) :laugh: You might also want to scan this site for older questions that might address many of your needs. They are there, ya just got to find them.

jfox83

New to Camping

Your right I was a little vauge. I was wandering as far as solutions for the sewege is there a brand that is better then others or are they all the same. Should I use the leveling jacks or is it better to block it up as will not be moving the trailor this year? what do most people do for internet and television is there an inexpensive satalite solution. I seen one the would cost $1500 for the parts and $59 a month. thank you for the reply and i will be scanning the old posts this is a great site.

ARCHER

New to Camping

Well, for sewer/black tank treatments, everyone has their favorites. I tend to use what is on sale (yea, I'm a cheapo, but I'm retired, ha ha). If I had leveling jacks, I'd use them every time I go out (if your not gonna travel, you might want to block it up if your staying at one location). It is a pain in the **** to try and block it up. Use your leveling jacks (power, I'm guessing). If you don't want to use them, take um off and mail them to me...... :approve: . Some campgrounds have phone line and cable tv lines so internet and tv is not a problem at those places. Some people use Direct TV or the other Sat for tv. While I stayed in Florida, I had cable tv hooked up to the motorhome by local cable company and I went to the library to use their PCs (free) to access internet. If you have sat cable hook-up at home, you can check with your provider to see if you can just buy another dish and use one of your inside power boxes (remove it and install it in the trailer/motorhome and you got sat hookup. Some companies charge a small fee if your traveling.
Good luck and keep those questions coming. :laugh: