New to full-time fifth wheel living

Brux

We are considering the purchase of a used fifth-wheel for full time RV living for two years, more or less. I would appreciate advice on the length of the fifth wheel from those who have upgraded. My current thinking is to purchase something in the 29 to 31 foot range. I want something adequate for living and comfortable to pull with my F250 diesel. What are the factors that I must consider?
Thank you,
Brux

Wojo83

Re: New to full-time fifth wheel living

I too am looking to full-time it for a few years. I am looking at the Dutchmen Voltage toy hauler. I'm wondering if they are a good RV to live in full time. I'll need a one ton to pull it with. Pay close attention to the weight of the trailer. For safety and insurance purposes you don't want to exceed or come right up to your trucks max weight.

Wojo83

RE: New to full-time fifth wheel living

I too am planning on purchasing a fifth wheel. I'm looking at the Dutchmen Voltage toy hauler. Pay close attention to the weight of the trailer. For safety and insurance purposes you must stay under your trucks max gross weight when pulling a trailer. I'm wondering if the Voltage is a good full time RV to live in.
Good luck with your search and keep us posted!

Kirk

Re: New to full-time fifth wheel living

I hope that you have not given up on getting a response?

The RV size is something that is unique to each couple who live in the RV. Just as some couples believe that they need a 3000 square foot house to live in while others do fine in one of 1200 sq. ft., the very same is true for RVs. I have known people who found a 45' RV with five slides to be too small to live in all of the time and I also know a couple who are presently in their fourth year of fulltime living in a slide-in pick-up camper that is only 12' long. Nobody can make that decision except you. What is just as important as the length of the RV is the amount of weight that it can safely carry for your possessions.