New to the forum.

C Nash

Simsy56 We are from central Alabama and the winters are not normally to bad there. The gas prices have us staying along southern Alabama, Northern Flordia and southern Mississippi where we are now. The Mh will average 8MPG and the toad will average about 25 MPG (chev 4 door 4x4 tracker) I had a 5th wheel before and a diesel 96 model truck Got 10 MPG towing and 15 not towing. Overall about the same fuel use. We park and do a lot of sightseeing in the tracker. Unlike Hollis and Shadow we are never in a hurry. LOL Did my fast driving on a drag strip. I very seldom go over 55 mph in the MH. Yes I will pull over when possible and let Hollis and shadow go on but I pass them again at the gas station LOL JK Talking about speed go stand at the finish line of drag strip and watch a jet powered go by at 300mph and you are fairly close with only a knee high rail. Did that once NEVER AGAIN

simsy56

That's a good speed, 55mph, my speed too with cruise set. l had a toad on a trailer, but have sold it. l must have been mad! It was a Mercedes Smart car, l don't know if you have them there or not, but a great toad. 2 door, 2 seat, very light weight, 3 cylinder engine and doing around 65 mpg(UK gallon), there is a diesel model too that does around 90 mpg (UK gallon). Wonderful little car, metal frame and plastic inter changeable panels.
As for standing at the end of a drag strip to see a 300 mph car go past, l don't think so. Not without spare underwear.
l would love to tour your country extensively by RV, so vast, so diverse. Then again, l suppose you folk would like to tour Europe and the UK? Thing here is we drive on the left, and when we get the ferry to Europe we have to remember to drive on the right, very interesting.

Catch you later,

Craig.

H2H1

Now I could handle a Smart car with 90mpg. That would mean I fillit up 2 times a year.

C Nash

Sismys56
I would fit right in drivimg on the left side. Pull out from a resturant here the other day and just started down the left side of the road 4 lane. Wondered why the cars were blinking their lights and no I had only had a diet coke LOL

H2H1

hey Nash didn't you say you had an appointment to see the eye doctor again, for him to correct your vision AGAIN!

simsy56

C Nash;76499 said:
Sismys56
I would fit right in drivimg on the left side. Pull out from a resturant here the other day and just started down the left side of the road 4 lane. Wondered why the cars were blinking their lights and no I had only had a diet coke LOL

How did you manage that?

Craig

C Nash

Hollis I think they got my right eye on the left side.
Sismy easy for me just go and pay no attention what you are doing. At my age I expect all the other drivers to just get out of the way LOL

C Nash

Well with the gas prices what they are getting to be you want have to watch to much. Will be park more and driving short distance. Last trip 8 miles and will be here for a week. Maybe longer since it's only 8 bucks a night for nice site close to walmart and resturants with 50 amp and water hookup. Lifes good as long as we are away from the gas pump. LOL

simsy56

l agree, we are only half a mile from the sea (not ocean) and there is a lovely park about one and a half miles from here and many times we have spent the week end there, wonderful in the warm weather. Also we have spent a week in Peel, a small town around thirteen miles away. Just love being out camping.

Craig

akjimny

We need to have stickers made up saying this and slap them on gas pumps every time we buy gas. Maybe enough people will get the message.

wineman

There is nothing like the open road and myself and my family find any reason we can to travel. Just got back from a trip threw the south and loved it. Got to see three states on our journey we visited Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. Hope you have a fun trip this summer happy travailing.

Mysticcherokee

hi I go by Mystic online. While I too am a new member here, and we have just got our first RV (vintage 95 Vectra,33), we are NOT new to camping and such. Popup all the way! Wore it out! Ive always wanted to see Europe after the States, and have already thought of renting an rv over there. Take a good month and such. It'll be awesome. FIRST AND FOREMOST I want to se what God laid down this side of the big pond, tho. THEN, go see all the truly old stuff. We have no idea over here what old is. Now OVER there, where it all began, well im not goin that far they dont play nice in Iran LOL!!, but Europe is callin and thers an RV over there with my name on it. It will be beee you tee full! Woo Hoo! Hugs , Mystic