new to towing

stewart20

I am just getting into towing and I want to get a tow dolly. Can anyone tell me what features or anything special that makes one better than the other.

C Nash

new to towing

Should have brakes and some are rated for heavier loads. What will you be towing?Have you considered 4 down towing?

turnipbwc

new to towing

Brakes on a tow dolly are a MUST. Don't even try it without brakes unless you are tired of having birthdays.

s.harrington

new to towing

I agree about the brakes. Also most states are lowering their weights on what must have brakes. So better safe than sorry

stewart20

new to towing

I have considered 4 down but I have more than one vehicle that I want to tow and I have been told that I need to get something for each vehicle if I go 4 down and with a dolly all I have to do is drive on it and go. I have a 89 Ford Ranger and a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer that I am planning on towing.

C Nash

new to towing

What will you be towing with? Get opinions on dollying and 4 down before making a decision. The dolly has to be added to the allowed tow weight.

Kirk

new to towing

If the Ranger has a manual transmission, it is towable. If an automatic, you would have to load it backward and that is not reccomended due to the effect upon the front suspension. The other quesion is about the weight of the Trailblazer? You need to be sure that you do not exceed the GCWR for the motorhome with the total load.