New Year --- Full-timer?

DL Rupper

This year may bring a big change in my hallowed status as a Full-timer. The drop in interest rates and housing prices have FORCED me to take a realistic look at my continued RVing outlook. Therefore, with advancing feeble mindedness and a blasphemous heart, I'm negotiating for a Condo in Ohio.

This may and I say may bring about a future change in my status as a Full-timer and require a humbling change to part-time (spring/fall) RV'er. I will accept all condolences with a heavy heart and head hung in shame.

G

Re: New Year --- Full-timer?

DL PLEASE tell us this a practice for aprils fools day :laugh:
But really ,, are really thinking about partiming it ,, for sure :question: :question: :question: :disapprove: :disapprove:

C Nash

Wow what a sad news start for the new year. Now DL, you know ya'll can't be happy just part timing :( What about those diesel fumes :dead: and remember once in that condo you can't move when you have bad neighbors :laugh: . All the best in whatever decision ya'll make DL but we will miss all the adventures you tell here while fulltiming.

DL Rupper

Sadly it's true. This just might be the right time. Of course on the bright side, it all might fall through. :laugh: I really don't like RVing in the summer much anyway. Too hot, too many kids, bonfires, and dogs. Bah humbug, just getting old. ;)

I'll just have to add extra DieselKleen to the diesel in the fall/spring so I get my fix of good smelling fumes.

C Nash

Remember DL, diesels are made to run and now since you will be a parttimer ya'll have to go gas and smell the gas fumes :laugh: :laugh:

G

DL ,, i am sorry to here that ,, i thought u were ribbing us ,, but u do what u think u must do ,,, and as nash said ,, but be carefull ,, those gas fumes are way more potent than the diesel fumes ;) :laugh: ,, JK with u :) ,, but as i said do as u feel right ,,, JMO :)

Shadow

OH NO!!! And I was thinking no way "09 could be as bad as 08". :(

LEN

Hey DL good luck on the new adventure. We have a condo now and most likely will never full-time. Just do the few months at a time. We have too many irons in the fire to full-time, I have too many hobbies and too many related items to ever fit in any RV as does the wife. But I feel a condo is the way to go if one can afford to do so. Other than paying the bills the condo itself is maintainance free, other than the inside so a turn of the key and I am on the road. Besides we have the habit of collecting small memory items(art and treasures) everywhere I go so I will have things to remind me of my travels when I can no longer do so. Plus the wife an I Do travel where the RV can't take us plus a family cabin in the San Juan Islands that we enjoy.
To Each his own.

LEN

H2H1

DL I am sorry to hear that, I know it was a hard decision just to think about it, must less make an offer. I know most of us on the forum wish you the best and hope you stay on line so we can pick your brain on some of the best camping grounds , and related RV problems, remember Rod (730) and Nash are to be trusted just so much :laugh: . I guess with 14 years under your belt you are well travel and have a memory most of us only dream of. Although I have never met you in person, and I was hoping to do so, I feel that I am losing a friend. So good luck in the future and park the Dodge out front and go smell the fumes to keep you on track. :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

DL, I know you have traveled a lot in the 14 yrs but you have to color Alaska in before quiting :)

rjf7g

Wow! Now this is news...what kinds of options will you have with the condo if you change your mind? Can you lease it out or will you be stuck?

ARCHER

Hey DL, sure you don't want to park your unit down South and visit it when you can?

deniloo

RE: New Year --- Full-timer?

Well DL that is a long time to be in an RV....are you sure you'll know how to act in a condo with all that room? You'll probably be trying to stuff things under the sofa and walking around out side trying to figure out how to dump the tanks on the condo!

G

RE: New Year --- Full-timer?

u made a good point there Denise ,, on the tanks ;) :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

DL and his lady (in that old Dodge truck) will pull up to the curb next to the driveway at the new condo .

The lady will get out at the end of the driveway and walk up the driveway looking all around for obstructions while DL starts backing that diesel burner into the driveway and watching those side mirrors; first right, then left.

Meanwhile, that dear lady is waiting at the garage door quickly waving her right hand forwards to back, "Come on, hurry up! I gotta pee!"

They then both realize they don't have the 5ver on the back! :clown:

DL Rupper

Thanks for all the advice and funny comments. We won't know for awhile if we will be part timers. We either had to rent an apt at some point in time or get a condo. Time wise with the economy a condo looks good now. We will probably spend more time each year in the RV than in the condo.

This was my idea and I sprung it out of the blue on the wife. She's OK with it as long as we get out spring and fall.