New Year --- Full-timer?

H2H1

Re: New Year --- Full-timer?

Well DL please don't give it up 100% you will be surely missed if you did that.

H2H1

Well DL please don't give it up 100% you will be surely missed if you did that.

DL Rupper

It looks fairly good now that we will have a condo for summer and long Christmas breaks. We won't give up on the RVing as it is still too much fun. There are still places we want to go back to and I'm sure places we haven't been. Not sure about Alaska. We chicken out every time we get close to going.

The RV and truck are paid for so no sense in giving it all up. The big bad Dodge should last another 10 years ( only 111,000 miles on it). In fact, we plan on keeping our mail forwarding service so we can take off anytime. We will keep the RV stocked and ready to go.

We have to go to Texas soon to get the RV and plan on taking our sweet time on getting back to Ohio. New grand baby due in March so we will show up for the event.

H2H1

Well congrats on the condo and more so that you aren't giving it up all together. I know it early but congrats on the up coming new GB.

C Nash

DL, Alaska is a must. Don't let it pass and the only way to go is in the rv IMO. No need for a caravan as you will travel and meet other rvers on the way. Still been the highlight of our travels although we are not in your league in traveling. WOW 14years. What an adventure to pass on to that grand baby.

DL Rupper

Hey Hollis thanks for the congrats on condo and GB.. The condo isn't a done deal yet, but looks real good.

Chelse, we were in British Columbia heading North in 2004 and turned around after looking at a Airstream that was all dented from rocks and had a bad axle from the road and we turned back. We should have kept going, but the truck was shiny new and the RV was our only home, so we didn't do it. Regretted it ever since.

C Nash

Wow, if you had went we may have met. We went in 2004. No problem at all on the MH or toad and we drove the toad all the way around 1100 miles dirt to the prudoe Bay. The roads were not bad at all if you take your time. The way some were driving they must have thought Alaska was going to leave and those are the ones that damage their rvs IMO. A friend that lived up there that I talked to on the forum, he has sinced passed away, gave me great info. He said the easy way to tell the dips in the roads were to watch the white lines on the side and if they dissapeared slow down. It worked. He also informed me to watch for the little red flags posted along the roadside. They were there to mark frost heaves. We took no extra spar tires or gas, made no reservations and had no problems at all. Well other than someone pulled the pin on the toad and it came loose in Calgary but that's another story. :)

*scooter*

Well congrats DL..
You have had the opportunity to travel for years that some only get to do a couple weeks a year. AWSOME. I hope everything works out in your favor with the condo and all. Stay tuned !!

utmtman

OMG, me thinks someone has been breathing ULSD instead of the good old stuff when they choose first to give up this great way of life and than to do it to a place like OHIO. Good luck to ya DL. Still hoping to catch ya in passin one of these days. Came close a time or two but there is still time in the future.

DL Rupper

Thanks to all for helping us to come to grips with this traumatic event. Becoming a part time RV'er is a big step after 14 years of OUR GREAT ADVENTURE. We have thoroughly enjoyed being full-timers and hope everyone that wants to do it, gets their chance. It's been GRRREAT as Tony the tiger would say.

Hey Lee, we will still be out and about 2/3's of the year. I'm sure we'll meet up. As for Ohio, my kids chose to stay there after we moved on. What can I say. We will just sit back during the summer and watch the corn grow. :laugh:

Dl-Where are you planning on moving to the great State of O-H-I-O? I live in Galena, oh. and I am a die-hard Buckeye........Go Bucks......

brodavid

Even if you slow down you got to stay in touch, somebody needs to keep 730 straight.

DL Rupper

Go Bucks!!!!! Dayton, OH. Butch gave me a Texas A&M hat so I'll have to be careful when I wear it in OHIO.

DL Rupper

Well now he probably would have if he was a native of TEXAS. But he originally is from Maine. Just like I'm not really a "Go Bucks", but back in the day a politically incorrect "Runnin Redskin" Ute from Utah. :laugh:

C Nash

I thought there was something odd about that boy. Oh well, as long as he has that Chevelle !!! :laugh:

big bilko

I am thousands of miles away and feel like we are friends. Whichever way you go I hope you will still be on the other end of my forum.When you have done alaska come on down under.All the very best wih all your endeavours..Best wishes Big Bilko. :) :) :) :) Sorry about the tardy response to a month old post only just catching up on my xmas reading. :) :) :) :)

DL Rupper

The roller coaster ride is at the bottom again. The Condo is on hold. The a/c and water heater are 18 years old and didn't really pass the inspection. We want a new a/c unit and the seller doesn't seam to want to part with $5000 to buy it. We are and may remain full-timers for a while longer.

H2H1

Hey DL sorry to hear about the condo, if the seller really wants to sell he will pony up the cost to have everything fixed. So in the meantime continue your enjoyment and stay full time. :laugh: :laugh:

cwishert

DL just remember, things happen for a reason. That must not have been the right place for you at the time. There is a purpose. It will be revealed to you in time. :approve: