Newbie needs advice

Molly

We just purchased a new Travel Trailer. The Salesman at the dealer advice us not to put our sewer line in the bumper like the manufactor recommends. He says we should buy a PVC pipe and connect it to the bumper and store it in there. I'm looking for suggestions on how other folks store theirs. Ours has an elbow on it.....that won't fit in the bumper, unless you remove it. Looking for ideas,,,,if you have'em let me know.....Thanks :)

hertig

Newbie needs advice

I've not seen PVC pipe attached to the bumper, but I have seen it attached under the trailer (to the frame).

Or you can do what I do, use either a flat hose (LevelUpp) or 'rhino' hose (Camping World) which folds/collapses small enough to fit in a bag in the storage compartment

Gary B

Newbie needs advice

Hi Molly, I use the bumper storage all the time and have no problems, the elbow I use is a grey one that splits just after the elbow so it fits in the bummper on the hose the other half I put in a plastic bag in a compartment, as John said most of the PVC pipes are attached to the trailer frame but I guess it could be attached to the bumper also. One thing that happens with the hose in the bumper is after a few years rust can form in the bumper if it isn't drried and it then tends to be hard on the plastic sewer hose, but the cheap blue hose is only good for a year or 2 and the better brown ones about 2/3 years any way. Welcome to the forum and rving. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

Molly

Newbie needs advice

:laugh: Thanks for your reply folks. We have not had a chance to take it out on the road yet. Seems like something keeps coming up on the weekends. But we'll get there,,,,,someday......Thanks again :)