newbie rv salesmen

G

Now i am not out to put any TT sales persons down (specailly Ken)
But i was at the local rv store today ,, not CW ,, just a local dealer ,, (buying stuff for me this time) anyway there was this guy and a saleman at the ck out line ,, i knew he was anewbie ,,, TT parked outside with driveouts on it ,, anyway ,, they sold him $500.00 worth of stuff ,, rv hoses,, sewer stuff ,, chemicals ,, and plenty of tp for about a yr ,,, i was temped to let him know alot of that stuff can be found cheaper at other places ,,, but it may have been a package the delaer was offering ,, i'm not for sure ,, but sure seemed like alot for a first timer ,, u know ,, and i mean he had it all ,, everything all of us have picked up along the way ,, he had in one stop ... sorry just thought i'd let u know ,, and maybe some newbie rver's out there might question ,, why they need all this stuff ,, un less ,, as said before it was a deal with the dealer ,,, ok my time is done on this ,, hope i don't get anyone mad ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Re: newbie rv salesmen

Hey Rod, maybe with the rapid rise in prices the newbie was buying the RV supplies to hoard for future trips. :approve: Or maybe he had a bad case of Montezuma's revenge and needed a years supply of TP. ;) :eek:

G

Now DL ,,, that makes more sense ,, storing up for a long rv stay ,, don't use any fuel that way ,,, HMMMMMMMM ,, u maybe on to something ,, thanks for the thought :approve: :cool: :approve: :approve:

DARLING

I saw that stores were rationing rice maybe TP is next :question: :laugh: :laugh:

Darlin :cool:

JGS

You guys have way too much time on your hands but that's lucky for the rest of us who come home exhausted and get our daily laughs from RVUSA.

TexasClodhopper

Hey, wait a minute, Joyce. Hoarding TP is serious business. What will the rest of us do? :clown:

Darlin, there isn't going to be a rice shortage, either. We grow tons and tons of it every year and so does California! :eek: It's a trick by the big box stores to raise their prices.

elkhartjim

RE: newbie rv salesmen

now we know why dl hasn't been on the roof.
icon_smile_shock.gif
To far from the TP...
icon_smile_blush.gif

utmtman

Seems I saw a lot of wild and brown rice fields in Michigan a few years ago.
Also when we bought our motor home a couple of years ago they gave us a coupon for 50 dollars in gas and 500 dollars for use at camping world or the dealers parts store.

G

Lee ,, that may have been the same thing that i saw ,, as a matter of fact ,, i don;t think that i saw the customer pay for any thing ,, but i was looking around at the time ,, waiting and killing time ,, but it kinda hit me wrong ,, if u buy a TT or any other Rv from a dealer ,, they should at least throw in the extras ,, i know Ken (Grandview trailer sales ) throws in a full tank of propane on his sales ,, now to me that's more than all the TP they can stuff in an rv ;) :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

hey guys when I bought mine I got a new water hose. sewer hose, and all types adapters ands a 50-30 pig tail, plus all sorts of goodies, the gas tanks was toped off the propane tanks was full. All that was left was to go camping. quess I did good huh :laugh: :laugh: :cool: :approve:

elkhartjim

RE: newbie rv salesmen

They even filled (90 gal) my water tank..whats that about 800 pounds?Got home and drained it...sanitized it and filled with about 20 gal. Do you think they sanitize your tank before filling at dealer
icon_smile_question.gif
icon_smile_sad.gif

DARLING

Most dealers around here are on city water, which means that it very high in chlorine. That alone should sanitize it. Or maybe I am just used to having well water that city water taste nasty. :dead:

Darlin :cool:

H2H1

HEY Jim when I bought mine it was in Nov. they didn't even fill the water tank, I found out why the following spring it had a hole in it. I had to find out the hard way about 450 miles from home. When I got back I called and of course they were denying it. I had it replaced to a tune of $1600.00, bad was good the extended warranty paid for it.

krautdog

Wow, that's quite a chunk of change. I was actually thinking about pulling my fresh water tank out since I never use it, that way I'll have more storage space under the bed for my kids junk! Maybe I should try to sell it on e-bay.

Cheers!
:laugh: :laugh:

hertig

I got a box of goodies with both the trailer and the motor home. Cheapest, crappiest stuff they could buy in bulk; I immediately replaced everything (except the TP) with good (or at least better) stuff.