Kerri

I just wanted to say Hell-o. I'm from the midwest of Illinois. I up graded from tent camping to a Forest River Wild Wood toy hauler. 29' 2006. I pull this with my Ford 350 full size van. I love this camper, has the generator and hold the 25 gallons of fuel. Sleeps 6.
I do have some questions. Washing the bugs off with a fabric softener sheets is great! Orange Glo clean is wonderful. It shines and truly the black stuff is gone! I Thank you all for sharing that information. I learned from you all what to pack, 30amp camper, and the xtra pig tails needed for different camp sites. 50amp down to 30amp and 30amp to 20amp. Got them.Picked up my white drinking hoses plus water filter. So now I truly need to up grade from plactic chock to something good that wont let me down. Have any idea's? The middle of Nov will be my last trip out for the season do to all the family things that are going on. If you feel I need to double check what I have or haven't picked up yet. Please let me know. This group is great. I normally would set back and just read. But I'm looking for help from a group like this. Your good to each other, and that's nice to read! So Thank You for sharing all that you do :)
Kerri

DL Rupper

Re: Newbie

The most import things you need are disposable gloves for connecting/disconnecting your sewer hoses. :approve:

Browzin

Kerri
Don't get the cheap latex disposable gloves, they tear to easy, get the better quality Nitrile (sp?) disposable gloves. They are a blue/purple color and much heavier duty. I get them at Harbor Freight tools for 6-7 dollars a box of 100. They also come in handy for checking eng oil, when you paint, clean fish, just about any thing you can think of when you want to keep your hands clean.

Kerri

harbor fright, great idea. Today I'd thought I'd share that someone posted about cleaning bugs off with a dryer sheet and warm water, worked great. I also looked into cleaning a rubber roof with bleach, fabric softner and water plus a broom. This worked wonderful. I looked all over of the vinyl cleaner Orange Glo. I could not find that anywhere. But I really need to clean off the black stuff on the outside walls. Have any ideas? It's just a great day to clean before we take the camper out in two weeks. I anyone has ideas on how or what I could do to plan ahead to close down for the season at the end of Nov. I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Kerri :)

DL Rupper

Hey kerri, welcome to the forum. I would be careful what you use on your rubber roof. The warranty could be voided if you use the wrong product. I know any petroleum based product is very bad on rubber roofs. Not sure about bleach. Most "how to articles" I've read about cleaning rubber roofs, recommend either a product specifically made for them or a mild detergent.

Kirk

Clean the EDPM or rubber roof with a mild dish washing detergent like Joy or Ivory. The very best thing for cleaning the RV is a product called "Reliable" which I got from Ken on this forum.

Are you in a cold area where things will freeze? If so make sure that you use RV antifreeze in the water system and remove all food stuffs that will freeze and break. Clean the refrigerator and freezer and then leave both of the doors propped open to air. Make sure that the battery is fully charged and keep the tires properly aired up. There isn't a lot to keeping a stored RV happy, but the better you do the more easy getting it back into service will be.

Grandview Trailer Sa

You actually asked about upgrading your wheel chocks. The best you can do are called Deluxe Wheel Chocks. They are made of steel and go between the tires. You take a wrench, that is included with each one, and expand the chock into the tires. They will take the rock out of your trailer. Even though they are about $68.00 each, we sell a lot and they are the best.

Reliable will not harm decals, paint or the roof. We have not found anything better.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: Newbie

Kerri - 9/15/2007 6:07 PM So now I truly need to up grade from plactic chock to something good that wont let me down. Have any idea's?

Well you could look at this thread to find out about chocks. My hubby made his own. Lots cheaper than $68 each!

Chocks Link

Kerri

I truly would like to say Thank You for all the information. I'm going to look into all the information given to me. I truly had no idea that the chocks would help the rocking of the camper! Once more, education education! :) The area I live in is the Midwest of Illinois (Quad City area right in the heart of Illinois but long the Mississippi River) The Reliable cleaner sounds great, will it also take the black stains off the outside walls of the camper? I'm truly looking forward to the fall camping season!
Kerri :laugh: