Newbies On Board

PoppaDoc

DW and I purchased our new Jayco Fay Feather LGT 25Z the first week of May. Been out several times already and looking forward to the next trip (hopefully next week). We're former tent (and less) campers for many years but decided we wanted a bit of comfort for MY old age (DW never lets me forget that she's 11 younger than I am). Easy to see why people get hooked on the RV life. Will likely be asking a lot of questions as we rock along. Wanted to introduce ourselves to the forum/we're Doc and the Redhead from up near the Red River in Western North Texas.

Kirk

Re: Newbies On Board

Welcome to the wonderful world of RV living! If you get really good you may even do as we did and dump the stick house and discover the real freedom of living on wheels all of the time! We used to have a "sticks n bricks" in the Ft. Worth area. We are now full-time and live in Livingston, TX, thanks to the Escapees RV Club. Welcome aboard.

Poppa

Isn't sleeping in a bed so much better than having creepy crawlers and chiggers keeping you company at night :laugh:

PoppaDoc

Kirk - 8/9/2007 8:33 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of RV living! If you get really good you may even do as we did and dump the stick house and discover the real freedom of living on wheels all of the time! We used to have a "sticks n bricks" in the Ft. Worth area. We are now full-time and live in Livingston, TX, thanks to the Escapees RV Club. Welcome aboard.

My father passed away 3 years back and he lived on Lake Livingston at Westwood Shores, Trinity, TX. Really used to love going down there and did a lot of fishing. Most of our travels so far, in the new TT, have been from Lake Arrowhead State Park (close to home) to the pandhandle area. Will be able to venture out further this fall. Certainly does beat the old tent routine although that was a blast when I was younger. Now I want comfort - the best of both worlds.

Kirk

I should have said that we "domicile" in Livingston, as we are very seldom there. Presently in Montana until Sept. when we head for Washington state for a while, then south to Joshua Tree NP for the first three winter months.