newer toad

H2H1

Ok guys and girls, I have narrow it down to 2 trucks as my new toad. I have a Honda Ridgeline or a Chevy Colorado. The price is about the same, and both are 4 doors with automatic transmission. I need some in point if anyone think I will need a transmission oil cooler for the one I decide on. Thank

C Nash

Re: newer toad

Hollis whai is the weight of these two vehicles? Are they near the tow limit of your Southwind? Just wondering

H2H1

Well I don't know yet what the weight are, I will have to check on that this Monday when I have time. Jim both are 2006

H2H1

Thanks Jim, yes I found out that the Honda wasn't a towable truck. So it looks like it going to be the chevy,unless I find something else that I like.

utmtman

cwishert, what do you consider american? Since most vehicles are now built in other countries. There are some ford, chrysler, and GM products but only a few. Not sure which ones. Same with toyota and saturn. Some of them are also US built but not all. One would have to check the vins to verify which were american made.

TexasClodhopper

Well, for the most part, the American made vehicles can be seen easily on the lots. They are the ones with the sign on them:FOR SALE
CHEAP

cwishert

Didn't mean to start that type of discussion. I prefer Chrysler and Dodge products. I know that some of them are not American made. Of course I prefer them because I have been married to a Chrysler mechanic for 24 years. We do have two Chevrolets because they made the vehicles that we needed for our purpose that we use them for.

H2H1

OK everyone I did it today, I didn't get the Honda or the Chevy, I got a 2006 Toyota Tundra fully loaded with 4 doors. The DW told me it was ok to put base plates on her Honda Accord and tow it A4D. So now I am happy :laugh: :laugh: If now they would call and tell me my MH was fixed and I could come and get it THAT WOULD JUST MAKE MY DAY :bleh: :bleh: :cool: :cool: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

MOST all vehicle are made in other countries and assemble here in the states. That way they say they are American made. :( :( :( :disapprove:

cwishert

Well DL is on his own because hubby does his very best to stay away from diesel! :eek: That is why we have two Chevys :)

utmtman

My mother bought a new ford back some years ago and she was saying about how great amercan cars are till I opened the hood and showed her where it said it was built in italy. She went down and traded it in for another vehicle, I think it was a GM suv type vehicle and I showed her where it was made in mexico. She told me not to talk to her about her cars no more. LOL dang just cant keep momma happy.

H2H1

Jim according to the site you sent me it can. Blue ox even has base plates for sale for a Accord and even tell U how to do it. The tranny has to be put in drive then shift up to neutral. and that is there print on Blue ox .com