Nightmare Gone...Any Recommendations?

JGS

I wrote previously saying what a nighmare night I had, not being able to sleep worrying about my purchase, then going online, to this site, seeing the post about Forest River RVs and then remained sleepless for a week, since that was what I contracted to buy. Well, to make a long story short the dealership demanded my money 3 weeks before delivery, (even though they wouldn't give me a definite delivery date) and since they totally negated my contract with their nonsense I told them today I wanted out, with my deposit returned and I am out. I was going to say I am not disappointed, but I am, but also not. This purchase should be a happy event but their lack of knowledge of what they were selling combined with their poor customer service has made me not confident in what I was buying. I would rather pay more and feel more confident that I know what I am getting. Now that I am on the loose and looking for a new 5th Wheel I would like to hear from those of you who have a mid-priced RV, what you think is good, in both options and makes. I am especially interested in hearing about slide-outs. Can they really withstand the test of time in a unit that will be constantly set up and put down?

I would be so appreciative of any help I can get in order to make a more informed decision. Thank you for your time.

Joyce S.

TexasClodhopper

Re: Nightmare Gone...Any Recommendations?

Good going. You're the customer; they're the vendor! So many of them seem to have forgotten that.

DARLING

Now that your money is back in YOUR pocket, sleep well.

Buying a RV is like buying a house. Can be stressful but should be fun. An informed buyer has the power. NOW THAT'S YOU!

Sleep Well(you will need the strength) & Keep Looking.

Darlin :cool:

dennis1949

I have a Cardinal 31RKLE and I am very pleased with it. You will always find people who say that is the wost product you can buy know matter what the brand is. But I had a real good dealer that I have purchased two Rv's from and I am pleased with there service and products. Also helps that I go to church with them. Good luck

rjf7g

You have to have confidence and trust in your dealership. If the dealer won't stand behind you in standing behind the product, you're up a creek. I have come to believe that it is more important to shop dealers than brands!

DL Rupper

Hey JGS, check out Carriage, HitchHiker, Montana, SunnyBrook, Gulf Stream, Alpenlite and Excel. Somewhat pricey but you don't hear/read about problems with them very often.

Slides are here to stay. We have 2 of them on our RV and have only had 1 problem, so far. about 12 years ago.

JGS

Thank you for all your comments. That's a good point that you should shop for a dealer.

JGS

JGS

Hey Dennis:

I bought a Cardinal today! I am so excited! It looks so much more sturdy than the one I was going to buy. It is "lightly" used and really does look brand new! It cost me the same but I feel I have a much stronger and better made RV. CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!! We got a foot of snow today and I'm out looking at RVs! You sparked my interest when you mentioned them, although I knew I couldn't afford one to buy it brand new. But after a while I thought why not buy a better quality RV used than an inferior new one. I have a good feeling about this one.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

G

Well good for u ,, and i hope u have many very enjoyable trips with u'r rv ,, that's what it's all about RVING ,, and if u run into probs ,, be sure to let us know ,, we can help u out ,, but be sure u know this ,, we will kinda joke around with u'r subject ,, but we will find a good fix for u'r problem ,, and bty ,, u can joke at us too ,, but don't get personal,, and we won't either ,,, :approve: ;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :bleh: :bleh:

DARLING

I gues no could tell who is happy here with their new(to them) rv. :laugh: :laugh:

Darlin :cool:

Kirk

You made a much better decision. Congrats!

JGS

Yup, I'm pretty happy! Never dreamed I could have such a nice unit. The guy who owned it is a real sweetheart. Him and his wife hardly used it. He said he feels real bad selling it as it was his first nice RV. He had three others but they had to scrub them down and fix up. Mine is cleaner than the new one I was going to buy. I had taken some pictures of the defects in the other unit that they had to fix. I am horrified that I almost bought that unit. I didn't want to look at expensive ones because I knew I would want one but I realize now everyone should go that route because you can't evaluate the unit unless you have a comparison. The thing I was going to buy was already rusting and the slide-out didn't close properly. When I see how the Cardinal closes I am again horrified that I almost bought got myself an enormous piece of frustration and worry that I definitely don't need.

Yes, everyone, I am just a dancin right now. :cool: And I'm sure that smile will not leave for some time!!! I'll be worse than a proud parent!!