nissan titan

hillbilly

9500 tow cap 3.36 gear 385 torque 5.6leng
any thoughts
looking at 24/or26 speed is not a factor [getting there is the best part]

barehandjack

RE: nissan titan

I hope someone will reply because I have bought the same truck and plan to pull
a 31 ft tt at about 5700lbs UVW. Haven't bought trailer yet but want to make sure that
I don't get to crazy with to large of tt.

Good Luck,
Barehandjack

DL Rupper

Re: nissan titan

barehandjack, can you get that light of TT in a 31 ft model. I would think you would want to stay at about 26/28 ft. The newer 1/2 tons can haul pretty good, but 31 ft is quite a large TT. Remember V-8s don't have the torque required to pull the long steep hills like a diesel.

hillbilly, you say you don't care about speed. When you lock-on-to-a 10 mile 6 % grade you may change your mind. My old 95 Dodge diesel would pull a 6 % grade without ever overheating, but it only went up at 30 mph with my emergency lights on full flash. Seemed like it took all day on each hill.

ARCHER

I just pulled a 29 foot Sunset Creek Sunnybrook to Florida from Bedford Va. Used my ole 99 Dodge Ram, with the 5.9L, V8, w/3.92 rear gear ratio, and tow package. The trailer weighed in at around 6,200 lbs with not much of anything stored in the trailer but about 300 lbs in the rear of the truck, plus momma and me and full gas tank. Had no problems pulling it. Bogged down some on a few hills but not if I had a run for them.

DL Rupper

Hey Archer, the key is DODGE. I know a Dodge V-8 will pull the TT's, but how about those other ones? :laugh: Hey guys with the Titans I'm just kidding. :clown:

barehandjack

Thanks for you comments and I was really do like the feedback I get. I was really looking at a 30 ft Tundra (Lightweight) that has a GRVW of 7600 lbs and my Titan is rated at 9400 lbs. My thinking was that I would have 1800 lbs to spare plus I am sure we would not load it to capacity. Any Thoughts.
Barehandjack
Phu Bai 67/68

hertig

9400 pounds is with no cargo, no passengers, no accessories in the truck. Just a 150 pound driver and a bit of gas. So subtract anything you want to carry in the truck from that 9400 pounds. And the 9400 pounds is for a flatbed trailer with 'no' wind resistance, at a particular speed, on level ground. So take 80% of whatever towing capacity you have left after you subtract your truck contents, and that is your 'true' towing capacity guess...

So you probably will NOT be able to pull the trailer fully loaded. However, if you only load it to 6600 pounds or so, you should be able to tow it ok. More stuff in the truck means less stuff in the trailer, and vice versa. Its always a good idea to visit the scale loaded for travel before actually hitting the road.