NO LEFT TURN SIGNEL

RON

i have a 1999 gulfstream conquest 27',the left turn sig. goes out.
the turn indecator on the dash blinks real fast, it came back on for a few mi. and now it is out and won't come back on , under the hood the fuses are good, help

RE

cgrmac

NO LEFT TURN SIGNEL

First check your bulbs and if they are fine check the ground at each light. If you have a multi-meter you could use it.

fjohn56

NO LEFT TURN SIGNEL

If it isn't any of those things, you might try the turn switch in the steering column; or it means that you have a short somewhere in your turn signal electrical system. For your sake, I hope that that isn't it. Almost impossible to track down.

drummerman

NO LEFT TURN SIGNEL

Hey Ron.

I'll bet its your turn signal flasher unit. Check under the dash. Might be a plastic plug. Turn on the turn signal that works and follow the clicking.

Drummerman

wittmeba

NO LEFT TURN SIGNEL

Ron,

The other posts are good.

If 1 bulb goes out anywhere in the circuit including the tow vehicle, the blinkers can blink about 2x as fast. This is part of the annunication to the operator that there is a problem. Check the tow vehicle too, front and rear. If the flasher is flashing at all, it isnt the flasher. Usually when a flasher goes out, it is in the ON mode and shows a continuous light on the dash (right or left arrow, or both).

If the right blinker works correctly it isnt likely the flasher as is common for both.

Bruce A. Wittmeier
Home: MikeBrandn@aol.com
2001 Ford F250 PSD, Ext cab, Shortbed, Island Blue/Silver, 4X4 Off-road, SOF Auto, Alum Wheels, Chrome Step, Line-X bedliner, Reese 16K slider, Jordan Ultima 2020, AirLift Airbags, Sunnybrook 30RKFS

Edited by - wittmeba on Jun 06 2002 09:18:31 AM