No Propane getting to inside of MH

Sober0782

I am looking for suggestions to solve this problem. the valve is open on the tank, the tank is Full and I am not getting any propane to any of the coach. Refrig,Stove or heater.
I am looking to see if anyone else has had this problem and is there a simple cure to fix it. Other than the obvious take it to a repair shop for diagnosis LOL thanks you may email me solutions at haneyedw@charter.net Thanks for any help in advance. Ed

DL Rupper

Hey Sober0782, do you know if your Propane Leak Detector is working? It may be shutting off your propane flow. May also be an overflow fill valve stuck.

ARCHER

I go with the LP Leak Detector. If off, ya just can't get "any" LP. If it is on, it may be "bad". Try turning it off and then back on and see what happens.

Kirk

If you have a Propane detector that has an automatic shut off, that could be the cause. You can find that because it will be an electric valve, controled by 12V-dc that will be in the line just down-stream of the manual tank vlave.

But there is another possibility, especially if you were completely out of propane or if it had been turned off for an extended period. Propane tanks in motorized vehicles have a stop flow valve that is there to prevent the loss of propane for safety reasons in the event of a ruptured line. It will close to stop the flow of gas in this situation. But it can also prevent the flow of gas if your line has no back pressure and you open the supply valve too quickly. To check for this, close the supply valve and keep it closed for a half hour or so, then open it again as slowly as you can. Open it just the very smallest amount that you can so that it takes several minutes to reach the point where it is one turn open. Once you reach that point, open it the rest of the way and then check for gas. It could be that this is the issue that caused the problem.

Sober0782

Thank you to everyone for the help. I am very new to this and I bought a used Low mileage coach and know little to nothing about it. I am learning as I go. Thank you for the suggestions and I will try each one til I find the right one. I will let you know what works. each person helped with a piece of the puzzle. Thanks again. Ed

Sober0782

Thanks for all the help, found a LP sensor on the inside, clicked the reset button. Wala instant propane. As they say in the computer world, "operator Error" Everything is working fine now. Tried everthing suggested before I discovered the solution. Ed

Kirk

Thanks for letting us all know what you found.