No Throttle

BobW

Again, most every time I start off, sometimes from an intersetion, the throttle will only rev up to 1100 rpm. After sitting a few minutes it will go back to mormal and all will be OK. I think the King control is going bad. I talked to Steve at Cruise King LLC. I sent the controller to them. It was returned but the repair did no good. I've replaced the ground wire and I jumped a new hot 12 volt sorce to it. My last phase to this is to replace the unit. I'm afraid to, thinking it won't do any good and I'll be out $800. Any ideas?

BobW

No Throttle

I don't think this is a filter issue. The RPM only goes to exactly 1100 rpm when this happends. The only fliter I havent replaced is the air filter. It's not due yet.

Butch

No Throttle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is not your King control electronic. Filters would have no effect on this unless it was completely stopped up and even then should attain more than 1100 RPM. This sounds like an electronic diesel that is being derated by one of it's limiting parameters which in most cases proves to be an oil pressure switch/sensor... Some engine installations have two of these, one for the dash indication and one for the ECM, Bypass the one for the ECM, (jump across the two wires) and see what happens...I didn't see where you mentioned which vehicle or brand engine you have in your post...Good luck...