NOOBE HERE

lnchewitt

Hello All.

Came across your forum while looking for some solutions to my Motor Home. I have a 2006 Coachman Freedom that I have owned for about 2 years now. Last winter while driving to Washington State through some of the worst storms ever in northern CA and Oregon, I noticed a major leak in my Passenger storage under the unit. Also had a leak between the toilet and the shower stall, water flowing between the two:).

Well, found the major leak in the storage compartment, about a 2" gap between the outer wall and the frame, going to foam seal that one.

Now to my question. I just returned from San Diego, took the kids and a friend and his kids to Sea World, great trip, and while I was giving my little one a shower in the RV I was amazed when I noticed a large puddle of water gathering around the base of the shower, on the outer floor. I quickly stepped outside and opened my grey water tank and noticed that I had water running/dripping/flowing off of the outside wall. I opened the grey water valve and cleaned up the water and then went back to finish my son's shower. I started again and ended up with water all over the floor, again and the water was still dripping/flowing off of the outside wall of the RV.

I drained my grey and black water tanks before I left the grounds today and the only thing that happened was my dump line came off of the fitting and creating a spill that the campsite quickly took care of for us. Other than that, no problems.

The Shower was not backing up and the only access I have for the plumbing did not show a leak. If anyone could give my any clues on what to look for or where to look for it please let me know. I have only taken a few trips but other than the Washington trip I have not had any problems. Well, I know that water is the weakness for a motor home and I am getting very discouraged since this will not be covered under my extended warranty and I want to be able to shower in my own RV.

Thanks again.

Matt

C Nash

Re: NOOBE HERE

Welcome to the forum Matt. Try stopping the drain to see if it's the stall or in the drain. Is this the frist use since winter? Sounds like you may have a drain pipe that froze and causing the leak. Can you see the pipes under the shower stall?

ARCHER

You might want to check the connections for the hot and cold supply lines running to the on/off knobs. I had a leak similar to what your describing and it was the connection had loosened up via vibration. Tightened it and all was ok after that. Just a thought. ;)

lnchewitt

C Nash, thanks for the advice. I am sorry that I did not put where I live. I reside in Bakersfield, CA and I do not recall it getting below freezing here:). Archer and C Nash I will try both things and see what happens and will keep everyone informed. Thanks again.

Matt

lnchewitt

Well, found the problem. The waste drain from the shower pan to the holding tank was the problem. The nut (for lack of a better/proper term) that was holding the plumbing to the bottom of the shower drain sheared in half (top to bottom) and came apart. Going to the hardware store soon. Hope to have this thing operating before my trip in a couple of weeks back to Washington where it is a lot cooler:)

C Nash

Thanks for the update Matt. Glad you found the problem. Good luck on the repair.