Norcold Fridge not working on AC

TonyMumford

I have just imported a 32' Damon Daybreak Chevy Gas RV into the UK

Having a few problems, such as indicators blowing fuses straight away, etc, but my main problem at the moment is the fridge not working on AC

It is a Norcold 6362 - I think, and when you put the generator on it goes straight to LP in the auto switch position

I have since put a 240v to 110v step down transformer in for shore power and that is the same

On my drive at the moment, even with levelling jacks fully extended it isn't completely level side to side, but the gas works so I assume there isn't a problem there - the book says 3 degrees side to side and 6 degrees back to front (although I assume this is switched as the fridge sits the other way round)

Could it be a house battery problem not supplying enough volts - although the gas works

When I got the RV from the docks the house battery appeared to be completely shot with only 6 volts ! - since then (a week ago) it has improved via a charger and now cranks the generator over but is still only about 12.4 volts

I have since purchased a new 110a leisure battery which has different terminals on and connected it in parallel mode via jump leads to the original battery but still the fridge only comes on in LP mode

Not sure what else to do

many thanks

Tony

Kirk

This has been answered twice on the General Forum. It is considered bad manners to post the same thing twice on the same host's forums. But if you would like more advice on the subject, drop me a private message and I would be happy to supply you with links to a couple of other forums.

TonyMumford

Sorry about that Kirk

I posted it initially while I was browsing tips & tricks then realised I should have put it onto the main forum

I wasn't trying to get double the answers and so apologies again and next time I will be more careful

regards

Tony

Kirk

No apology needed. And welcome to the forum. We all had to learn sometime. Hope you get the problem solved.