norcold refridgerator

fishcrazee

PROBLEM! Came home from vacation, fridge was dead. Checking and found a 3 amp fuse in the board was burned. Replaced, got power, would not cool. Charged batteries, started cooling, but went dead again. 3 amp fuse burned again. Now, as soon as you install fuse, immediately burns out---no power----fridge was replaced last summer---HELP!!! Tom

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: norcold refridgerator

Sorry, but it sounds like you either have a short somewhere or bad circuit board. I would guess the board.
Welcome to the forum!

utmtman

Call Norcold, they will help you and talk you thru tests and or repairs and will overnight parts to you as well.
Norcold
Call us Toll-Free 866-580-2653 for
24/7 Technical Support & Sales

G

sounds like the 120 volt element is bad ,, i had a simular prob with mine ,, but the element burnt out the board instead of the fuse ,, but the way it sounds if the fuse keeps blowing ,, replace the element ,, bty ,, when i find a bad element on a fridge i also replace the board ,, just in case ,, cause the element could have stressed the board ,,, bty it's not really that expensive ,, if u do it urself ,, which is not hard ,, but watch out for the sheet metal ,, cause it is like a razor ,, very sharp ,, let me know if u need anymore info on this project
;) :approve: :approve: :) :)

But agian if the unit was replaced i would do as Archer said ,, have it cked under warranty :approve:

fishcrazee

Thanks for all your help-I think replacing the board will do it. Now it doesn't burn the 3 amp, just no power at all

G

when u pull the board out ,, look at the board where the element plugs in ,, if it's brown or black ,, then the element shorted out the board ,,, that means a new board will only last for a bit untill it pops agian ,,, JMO though
:)