NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR

littleoleme

I HAVE A 1995 DAMON ULTRASPORT MH WITH A NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR . WHEN I AM HOOKED TO SHORE POWER THE AC AND PROPANE LIGHT ARE BOTH ON AT THE SAME T IME . I HAVE MY PROPANE TANK ON ALL THE TIME . WE LIVE IN OUR MH FULL TIME AND USE OUR STOVE AND FURANCE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I MAY HAVE A VAVLE IN THE LINE GOING TO THE REFRIGERATOR THAT IS LEAKING . OR JUST A SHORT IN THE LIGHT . I AM NOT SURE WHERE TO START LOOKING FOR THE PROBLEM . IF ANYONE HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU.

G

RE: NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR

well first off ,, i take it the refer is cooling ,, right?? ,, does ur's have the digital panel on it ,, or just the lights ,, IMO sounds like u may have a corroded connection on the board ,, cause shore power or ac power is default for the Norcold ,, and most others
:approve:

littleoleme

Re: NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR

SORRY 730 ABOUT THE CONFUSION. THE REFER IS COOLING. IT WORKS ON ELEC. OR PROPANE ONLY, NOT OFF THE BATT. HAVE BEEN HOOKED UP TO SHORE POWER ALL WINTER AND I STARTED HAVEING THE PROBLEM FOR THE LAST 2 MO. I HAVE LIGHTS NO DIGITAL PANEL. IF I MOVE THE TEMP. CONTROL UP OR DOWN ONE NUMBER THE LIGHT WILL GO OUT AND COME BACK ON. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well, unless you have a 3 way Refer, it will not workjust offthe battery...How about giving us a model number and we can tell you if it is a 2 way or 3 way.

G

I agree with GTS ,, i have had 2 , norcolds in my rvs ,, and both were 3 way ,, one a 97 ,, and one a late 91 ,, but they do not cool very well on 12 volt ,, just good enough to keep stuff cool ,, while enroute to somewhere ..

H2H1

Hi Lisa and Richard, I thought I had a 3 way in my MH, but found out it was only 2 way by Rod and Ken. I put it on Propane when we travel and that serves us well. We also have it on propane when we dry camp. I just don't like running the genset when I don't have to. But do as Ken and Rod has suggest, provide the model # and I bet they can solve your question on yours. Good luck and happy camping :laugh: :laugh:

upforalex

RE: NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR

I recently subscribe to the Motorhome magazine, which in one of its inserts, has a norcold refrigerator recall, i brought it in to a local rv dealer, they fixed it, and also gave out a 50.00 gas card. Just thought, i would let you know, i believe you can get the number thru the motorhome.com website or try the norcold web site. hope that helps. upforalex