Norcold Refrigerator

DShaw

We have a 2001 Winnebago Minnie and the dealer told us that there is no way to completely turn off the refrigerator unless you disconnect the 12-volt house battery.

We had a Southwind Storm previously and you could completely turn off the Dometic refrigerator in it.

This sounds strange to us but the dealer said this is a feature of the Winnebagos....when you are plugged in tiit thinks you are ready to hit the road!

H2H1

Re: Norcold Refrigerator

Welcome Darrell to the best forum. I have a South wind with a Norcold and it does a have a shut off switch. Just hang on some of our experts will come on and provide you with an answer, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

I agree with hollis ,, u can turn off the refer completely ,, u should have a switch inside the door area ,, and it should say off ,, regular mode ,, or high humidity ,, the off mode will turn off the light ,, and all power to the refer ,, but i think what the dealer was getting at ,, was that even with the refer off ,, the board that controls it will still be on ,, no biggy ,, the refer itself is off ,, don;t sweat it ,, enjoy u'r travels ,, :approve: :approve: :cool:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Rod is right, the circuit board on the back of the refer always has 12volts to it. No way to turn that off, but you can turn the operation of the refer. off with the ON/OFF switch inside.

H2H1

See Darrell 2 of our best came to your rescue. Rod and Ken do know there stuff.Well at least Ken does, Rod like to replace parts till he finds the one that is not working. Hay just joking, Rod is good I just like to pick on him. You can trust anyone of these guys. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

dang I just notice I have passed Ken on the post count, now all I have to do is catch Rod and Nash. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Hollis I got it set up to where you go back to zero when you get near me :laugh:

H2H1

I will catch you in about 15 years, by this time you will have stopped Rv'ing or you may be in heaven looking down on us.

G

well i am about to hit the 3000 post mark ,, so hollis u need to catch up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

big bilko

You both better hurry up or the handbag idiot will pass you both with posts :evil: :evil: :evil: Regards BIG BILKO. :) :)

Triple E

big bilko - 7/15/2010 12:07 AM You both better hurry up or the handbag idiot will pass you both with posts :evil: :evil: :evil: Regards BIG BILKO. :) :)

BB, This last round of spam happen after they were a sleep. Cindy did a great job of cleaning up this last round of spam. She had to be up all night. I don't think Mr. Nash and Hollis even know we had another hit.

Thank you Cindy for your fast response. :)

H2H1

oh yes I did , I just left it along as I knew Cindy would be on it. I also knew others would contact her, so reason for me to dod it.

LEN

To the OP, if you want to totaly cut power to the refer just add an on/off switch between the battery and the refer, I would run wires to the wall near refer with a lighted switch.

LEN

G

well thanks alot guy's and gal's ,, due to the deletion of my handbag adds ,, i will have to go out and get a real job ,, thanks agian :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :8ball:

try2findus

Hollis, you passed Ken on the post count??? Wow. Does this mean we are all supposed to catch YOU now? ;)

BB is right, that darn handbag salesperson may pass us all! I am still hoping I won't receive the 50 I ordered on the website.

Triple E

try2findus - 7/17/2010 5:15 PM Hollis, you passed Ken on the post count??? Wow. Does this mean we are all supposed to catch YOU now? ;) BB is right, that darn handbag salesperson may pass us all! I am still hoping I won't receive the 50 I ordered on the website.

Well if you do, you can hand them out as a Door Prize at the Meet and Greet. :approve: ;) :laugh: :eek: :eek:

G

NO ,, i did all those adds ,, and JR never paid me anything ,, no way are they gonna be door prizes ,, :laugh: :laugh: :clown: