Norcold won't shut off

ab8081

I have a Norcold in my 2000 Winnebago Journey and the refer won't shut down. It works perfectly but I can't shut it off to store it for the winter. Instructions say to hold off button for 2 seconds and the unit will shiut down but it doesn't. All other controls work. Any ideas?

ARCHER

Norcold won't shut off

Did you unplug shore power? Is lp (IF IT IS THREE WAY) turned off? Is Aux batteries turned off? If all three are turned off, you have a ghost providing power, because it would be impossible for it to run otherwise. When you turn off shorepower does it try to light the lp system. Does your other settings work for the unit? Sounds like the controls might be bad or the mother board (brains) may be bad if all else fails.
Welcome to the forum. Someone will have the right answer for you..... :cool: ;)

ab8081

Norcold won't shut off

Thanks for the reply. All the other controls work properly whether hooked to shore power or not. Swaps over to LP as it should. I'm assuming it is the control panel but was just seeing if anyone else had the problem that may help to confirm it.

JMANN

Norcold won't shut off

quote:Originally posted by ab8081

I have a Norcold in my 2000 Winnebago Journey and the refer won't shut down. It works perfectly but I can't shut it off to store it for the winter. Instructions say to hold off button for 2 seconds and the unit will shiut down but it doesn't. All other controls work. Any ideas?

JMANN

Norcold won't shut off

Originally posted by ab8081

[I had the same problem with my Norcold. I was told that on these newer models if you have a problem with low voltage it will cause this problem and require a new board.
/quote]

wasatchmtnatvr

Norcold won't shut off

Very possible that low dc voltage has caused relay on main power supply board to lock on and wont disengage. If that is it new main board should solve problem but not cheap. To resolve at no cost locate coach 12 volt distribution panel and find fuse that feeds frig circuit and remove. That will shut off frig. Just for fun reinsert fuse and try frig thru complete selection and try to shut off,also hold for 4-5 sec.If still wont shut off just do fuse trick whenever you need to shut down frig. Good luck.