Norcold

beanue

I am sure you all have been asked this but I am having a problem with my Norcold 9162, I have 110 volts, I have 12 volts and it will run on LP but not on AC. I am thinking it has to be either the circuit board or a/c heater, any ideas.

G

RE: Norcold

what does u'r light do on u'r control panel when u'r on ac????
I would pull u'r baord out and look for any type of burn spot on it ,, also ,, if u have a meter ,, ck to see that u are infact getting ac current ,,, the way it sounds ,, u have a burnt element ,, but when they burn out they usally take out the board also ,,, JMO ;)
bty welcome to the forum :approve: :)

beanue

Well, The control panel was replaced by a repairman in 2005 when I had a board problem and I just noticed yesterday that the one he put in there is for a a/c, gas & D/c so I can't use my manual for what it shows, but to answer you question it shows "H", when it is on manual a/c. I am not sure which unit it is suposed to be for, I looked today on the internet to try and find a manual that goes with the display. Yes I have checked and am getting 110 volts and I have checked and I am getting 12 volts to the unit, I replaced the 5 Amp Fuse which was blown yesterday. I checked this evening after I had it set on manual a/c all day and it did not cool and it did not blow the new fuse.

G

ok that sound like to me that u'r a/c element is out ,, sorry for the delayed post ,,, but my MH did kinda the same thing ,, but when i put it on ac it would automatically go to LP (which is the default) anyway i ck the element with meter ,, no ac voltage ,, so i opend up the cover on the board ,, (big black spot where the ac fuse goes) the fuse was not blown ,, but when i cked the board for ac ,, i had it comming in but non going out ,, so ordered a new board ,, but in the meantime i cked the element (via ohms ) i had no pass thru ohms ,, i mean the meter showed it open ,, so i replaced the board and element ,, but while i was there i also replaced the 12volt element also ,, i figured why not ,, i have to take it out anyway ,, and it's only money ,, but now my fridge is happy on all sources ,, just some experience to pass along ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: