North Conway, NH Camping

DL Rupper

We found a neat little camping resort town on the New Hampshire/Maine border. North Conway and/or Conway NH is a fun winter ski and summer resort/camping area. Lots of fun shops and outlets and great scenery. We are camped by the Saco river at the Saco River Camping Area. It has sites on the river with full hookups, cable TV, swimming pool and free wifi. On a 4 star rating system I would rate this campground 3 stars. 30 amp F/HU pull thru $33.

Things to do: Scenic old train ride, Mt Washington Auto Tour $$$ (toll rd), day trips to Canadian border on great scenic roads (1 wild turkey, still waiting to see moose and bears).

Great place if you are looking for somewhere to go this summer. :laugh:

Shadow

RE: North Conway, NH Camping

DL, Your not but a couple of hours from Andover and Roxbury Maine. On the Roxbury Notch road there is a sand pit you can go to watch the moose in the evening. The road between the two towns is a good place to find them also.

DL Rupper

Re: North Conway, NH Camping

Hey Butch, thanks for the info. We have been in Vermont/New Hampshire for the last 3 weeks and haven't spotted any Moose yet. We are going to Maine for the Summer, will certainly check the sand pit out.

Shadow

Do you have your campgrounds picked out already, or will you be just moving around? Can get you a number to a little campground in Roxbury. Nothing special, water/electric. but you have to haul your black. They do have a restroom and shower you can use. Fills up with mostly seasonal's but they do keep some open for short term.

NHRalph

DL, I live just south of Conway. The best place to see moose is to take a drive down the 'KANC' (Rte. 112) around dusk. Be careful though, when it is dark out they can be hard to see and they wont run like a deer will. :)

DL Rupper

Hey NHRalph, Thanks. We plan to take a trip tomorrow on Rt. 112.

Butch, we have reservations in Scarborough and Booth Bay (1 month ea). But, plan to travel out and about from there. We may get up to Roxbury to camp on our way outbound in Sep. Let me know the name of the campground.

Shadow

DL, the name is Silver Lake Camp Ground. 207-545-0416. Ask for Jim. Tell him Ray's uncle (Butch) told you about it. My nephew said there was six moose at the sand pit last night. Like NHRALPH said be careful, they like the roads when the flies are bad.

DL Rupper

Hey Butch and NHRALPH thanks again for the input. We went out Sun on Rte 112 at 5 PM and drove over to Lincoln and drove back to Bear Notch Rd and over to Rte 302 at about 6:45 PM and only saw 2 Red /brown Fox and a small pup Fox. I guess we didn't wait until it was really dusk. Oh, well we are in Maine now so will keep looking for Moose and will check Roxbury out later on. The ride to Lincoln was fun and the scenery was spectacular and seeing the Fox up close was great.

NHRalph

DL, the Kanc is a great ride, I take it every so often in my Vette, lot of good scenery as long as you don't break down. It's a long ways to a service center.:)

DL Rupper

Kanc was a Great ride and have never seen so many motorcycles buzzing up and down a highway in my life. That's saying something as I've traveled all over the US. Fun!

Shadow

DL, have you seen any Moose yet? Wondering if you was going to take a day trip up to Roxbury? Your not all that far away. Maybe get a room for the night in Rumford, Mexico.

DL Rupper

Butch, haven't been inland yet, so haven't seen any Moose. We have been busy going to all the little beach towns (Old Orchard Beach, Kennebunkport, and Cape Porpoise). Moving downeast to Boothbay next month. We will probably go inland to Roxbury when we head West in the Fall. Look for Moose and see the autumn leaves.