North to Alaska ...

LEN

Re: North to Alaska ...

Well another update, we at at Stewart and then to Hyder, staying in Stewart. Very pretty drive this morning from 37 and 37A where we camped at a really cool lake side, no free pull offs on the Cassiair 37 there are rules against it except at Beaverdam rest area. The road is good but narrow and you still must keep the speed down. Foe the mushroom pickers, the end burned area are Morrels are out and the pro pickers are there but I'm sure there is enough.

LEN

larry koenn

Len,

Good God Len, you've left before summer even starts. The red salmon hit the Kenai in a week, the silvers in a month. Silvers are about 20 miles out of Seward now, we got eighteen yesterday while halibut fishing. The most fun you can ever have with your clothes on is Silver Salmon Fishing in Valdez the last two weeks of August. Come back...

Larry

Triple E

Len remember last year when I was headed for the American River old ski lodge and then up to Ravens Roost and my MH broke down in the driveway? While this Thursday I am going to try it again. Will spent Thursday night in the Wenas Valley, American River, Friday, Ravens Roost, Saturday and then back to the Wenas Valley, Sunday Evening. Wish me luck. :approve:

To bad you won't be home. I would have liked to meet you on top of Hwy 12. Maybe next year. :cool:

LEN

Remember the boon-docking spot a bit up the Road to Ravens Roost on the left with outhouses and right on the river. Also for hookuos Squaw rock campground on the way to American River. And there are a couple places up Bumping lake rd on the river and then the campground at Bumping lake.
Have a good time!! I'm on the way home 600 miles to go just south of Prince George.

LEN

Triple E

Well heck, you should be home in a couple of hours. :laugh: :laugh: Good luck at the border. Last time I came across I was treated worse then our friends coming across the Southern Border. :angry:

LEN

Well we are home and down loading all kinds of photo's. Yes we were treated worse xing the border here but still not bad. Alaska xings and canada were fine, all they did was hassle me a bit about the shotgun to the lower 48. Now it's cleaning and unloading time UHHH!!!

LEN

The roughly 12,000-mile trip from Florida to Alaska and back was great, but very expensive. Gas in Canada was about $6 and $7 a gallon U.S. RV parks averaged $32 a night, some a little lower and pthers higher. Try to stock up on food and supplies stateside because even Canadian Walmart stores are expensive. The scenery is absolutely spectacular. The roughly 2.5-month trip exceeded $10,000. It was a once in a lifetime vacation. Next time I'd fly to Anchorage and rent a car.