Not sure which 5th wheel to purchase

SnowbirdInFlight

Re: Not sure which 5th wheel to purchase

TexasClodhopper - 5/28/2009 5:46 AM SnowB., I wonder why you are making a derogatory personal comment about other members of the forum? I don't see where anyone has made any comments about you. It isn't at all appropriate for this forum.

Note: GTS referred to anyone being able to see that a FR product is bad equal to a blind hog. You didn't get mad at him for calling you that. :eek:

H2H1

no comment here. I have read past reports on FR and if I was Ken I would have a pet peeve with FR also if they kept money owed to me. Hey look I have a Fleetwood and having electrical (BATTERIES) problems but I will get it straighten out. But from what I have read FR does have some lemons and some are rotten. But, as Ken stated glad someone has a great great TT from FR. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SnowbirdInFlight

H2H1 - 5/28/2009 11:13 AM no comment here. I have read past reports on FR and if I was Ken I would have a pet peeve with FR also if they kept money owed to me. Hey look I have a Fleetwood and having electrical (BATTERIES) problems but I will get it straighten out. But from what I have read FR does have some lemons and some are rotten. But, as Ken stated glad someone has a great great TT from FR. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's right, I got the only great one they made! Lol.
tt.gif

C Nash

Ed, you are doing the right thing. Keep researching and looking. Don't just jump in and buy the frist thing that you see that you like. The reason there are so many different makes and models are because we all have different wants. Look underneath cabinets and in covered places for poor wormenship. I have seen brand new units sitting on the lot that have water stains. I have owned several different brands and have had probelms with all. I do my own repair and have never taken one back for warrenty work. I like Holiday Rambler but they are out of business I think. Best units I have owned were Airstream but they are overpriced IMO. I like the Montanas but would look serious at a Sunnybrook or top of the line GulfStream. As I said before I really don't see the advantage of steel truss if they trully have them. I do prefer aluminium because it will not rot if you get a leak. As DL said the older upper bracket rvs used to have wood because it was better for insulation and didn't tend to sweat as aluminum does. Remember I am no expert but just have opinions developed from 40 plus years of owning and camping in rvs starting from tents up. Good luck and keep us posted :)

sunnyhello03

RE: Not sure which 5th wheel to purchase

We purchased the 36ft Bristal Bay bunkhouse model by Sunnybrook and love it! After searching for weeks I finally found a decent priced pre-owned truck to pull our 5th. Bought a 2007, 350 Ford dually 4x4 (48K) last week. First time 5th wheel and diesal dually owners. My hubby and I love our big truck! Looking forward to our first trip......were not going far and keeping our drive on flat roads to get used to our truck and 5th wheel. Any advice?

ED

H2H1

now that sounds great, sunny brooks are good campers I had a TT before I moved up to a MH. So take it easy until you feel comfortable with it and enjoy camping :laugh:

C Nash

Great choice Ed on both. Think you will enjoy the Sunnybrook and good to see you got a vehicle that will handle it. Keep us posted on the first trip.

Grandview Trailer Sa

EXCELLENT Choice Ed. You will love your Bristol Bay! SunnyBrook makes some of the best on the road, you won't regret your decision.

C Nash

Aw now Ken, why didn't you congradulate Ed on the Ford. :eek: :laugh: ;) By the way Ed, is it a diesel or gasser dually?

G

nash ,, u did it agian ,, now u know we will here from GTS on this for about a month of post :( :disapprove: :disapprove: :evil: :8ball: :clown: