Observation

DL Rupper

I've noticed that there are numerous smaller foreign made (Europe) RV's with foreign license plates in and around Cody,WY.

I'm just wondering how much money it would cost to ship a RV over here to go on vacation. Seems like it would be less expensive to rent a RV over here. This may be due to the devalued US dollar.

Has anyone else noticed an influx of foreign RV's in popular destination places.

G

RE: Observation

DL i have to agree with u on that ,, while in MB i saw about 3 rv's with outta the usa tags ,, 2 form mexico and one from Sweden ,, now i ask too ,, how did they get here ,,, rv's don't float ,, i know how the mexico ones got here ,,, tex let them thru the fence :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ,, but the other one not sure about :eek: :)

raskal

RE: Observation

Last winter while we were in the Palm Bay area of Florida (Camelot RV Park) , we met a Danish fellow with a huge mega bucks class A towing a huge matching trailer. He said he was trying to get the whole unit shipped back to Denmark but for "his" price ... having no luck.

Interesting that the trailer contained a Harley and take-apart two-seat float plane while his wife also drove a new Corvette.

Kind of a strange duck with many "issues" IMHO.

utmtman

Re: Observation

I know I have seen a hell of a lot more out of country persons visiting the parks than in the past but most are renting rvs here in the US.

Kirk

I have seen such RVs from time to time in our travels pretty much for years. There quite possibly is some increase with the exchange rates, but it really isn't new. We spent time as hosts at Joshua Tree Natl. Park and we got them at that park fairly regularly. At least two or three per month. In visiting with some of them I found that one reason is that LA is a common port of entry or shipping point when leaving. Most of the ones that I met were traveling around the world and they shipped the RV when needed.

Also, folks from Europe find that things in the US are cheap when compared to where they come from. Last fall, a visitor from the UK told me that to get close to what things would cost you in the UK as compared to what they are here, you can be quite close if you just double the US price. He said that about the only exception is housing which runs pretty similar or a little higher than most prices in the coastal California area.

karyljm

They just need to ship them out here. Goes to show you what mode of transportation a lot of people choose to use. What better way to see the sights. :)

DL Rupper

When we hosted in Capitol Reef Natl Park about 25% of our visitors were from Europe and 10% from Asia. They rented the RV's they were traveling in. This is the first year that I've seen so many European RV's. In the last month I saw about 10 of them. Good for our economy.