Observations

DL Rupper

I can't believe all of the campers I have seen this summer that use a green garden hose to connect the campground water to their campers. The funny thing is, it is usually TT owners. Maybe it is just a local New England phenomenon (they have lots of TTs). Anyway, all you newbies and some experienced campers, the green hose will make your water taste nasty. Spend a few $$'s and buy two 25 ft white fresh water hoses.

While you are at it, a box of disposable gloves will come in handy when you connect/disconnect your sewer hoses. Using bare hands or old all purpose gloves could be harmful to your health. If you use all purpose gloves, think how many times you pick them up with your bare hands after using them on your sewer connections. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY. :dead:

G

RE: Observations

Let me think green hose ,,, Slime ,, bacteria ,,,,
white hose,,,, clean,,, pure HMMMMMMMMMMMM
They never get it ,,,,
Oh bty i store my white hose inside my sewer hose ,,, saves space :dead: :laugh: :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Observations

I purchase a new white hose each year. If you look into the hose and the interior wall is not clean, time for a new one. I know, I know, run bleach through it, no thanks...

C Nash

Ran bleace through mine and it turned the ends green :eek: :laugh: Guess thats what I get for buying cheap. :bleh: Bought a new one and had it laying out while I cleaned the basement and the dog decided he would mark it. Wife wouldn't hear of using it even though I tried to explain that he just bleached it. :eek: :laugh: Oh well got a new flush hose that is already broke in :angry:

G

Hey now that hose is still good ,, a little dog stuff on it won't hurt a sole :laugh:
Bty ,, u can store a 25 ft white hose inside u'r sewer hose ,, and then put it in the sewer hose compartment ,, that way it frees up u'r service bay for more stuff ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh:
It kinda taste bad at first ,, but after the filter takes over it's ok :clown: :clown: :laugh: :laugh:
JK guys,, i never store my white hose anywhere near the sewer hose ,, and i use an old green 10ft (or is it 5ft after all the leaks??) anyway i use the green hose to wash out the sewer hose and also use it to hose off other things around the CG :approve:

hertig

Not only does water from the 'green' (or any 'garden' hose) taste funny, it contains harmfull chemicals used in the making of such hoses. If a hose is not drinking water certified, don't drink the water from it.

G

I,, as many can remember back in our youthfull days ,, during summer break ,, playing outside,, when it was hot ,, and when u needed a drink of water ,, what did u do???? Grab the garden hose hooked to the faucet outside the house ,,, we all are still here today....
Boy times have changed,, all this anti bacterial stuff ,,,
But so has the stuff u can get from non septic utilities..
I guess the bacteria has changed also .....
Bty ,, just a random thought ,, does anyone remember riding on the rear winshield deck of a car ,, dad would put on the brakes ,, and u would roll into the back seat ,, boy what times :laugh:
And nobody really thought that is was a danger ,, just plain fun :)

TexasClodhopper

Yeah, we had a "new" Ford station wagon, but it only had a front and a middle seat. 4 or 5 in the middle seat and the rest piled up behind; usually another 4 or 5.

Daddy even got a wild hair and took us like that to the drive-in movie! ONCE! ;) :laugh:

hertig

Perhaps the hoses we had as kids were made out of harmless stuff and it is the cheapo crap they use today which is dangerous? Or perhaps its not all that dangerous but the hose companies have a large staff of lawyers with nothing better to do than write warnings on the packages. In any case, I'll stick with drinking water certified hoses.

G

I think u might be right ,, the hoses now days are made out of synthetic stuff ,, and u never know what they put in to make them,,, i also from now on ,, or untill i have one of those automatic ion hose sterlizers ,, wil use a white hose ,, i bet soon they wil change the color on those also because the white cause some kind of defect in somthing,,, u never know.... :)
And Tex i can rember 4 of my friends hiding in the trunk to get into the drive in ,, i know i'm not that old ,, but we did it... :laugh:
sorry i kinda got out of the post about green hoses ,,, so i'll shut up now :(

C Nash

Hey, I drank out of those green hose when I was a kid :eek: Now I know whats wrong with me. All that dust from brakes, clutches and them little green devils in the hose :eek: Anybody on here a lawyer? I need to pay the MH off :bleh:

G

i know what u mean ,, when i was starting out as a mechanic ,, all we did when we had a brake or clutch job was blow it out with air first ,, u don't want all that stuff on u'r hands ,, so just blow it out ,,, hey ,, if we get a good lawyer on here about this topic pm his number,, i'm feeling a case of asbetos coming on
:) :dead:

rockofages

ha ha you guys are cool. made me laugh first thing this morning.
yeah, as a nurse, i have always been very germ conscious. so a white hose it is for us.
also i feel that there is more cancer out there these days because of all the artifical preservatives and chemicals that go into our food. even if we grow our own fruit and veggies, the soil, rainwater etc....well you get what i mean.
have a great day and stay as germ free as you can guys!
all the best......

DL Rupper

Hey rockofages, don't forget to spray all the RV Park water connections and your hose with a bleach solution or 91% alcohol before you connect/disconnect your water hose.. :laugh: You never know when the last guy/gal rinsed their sewer hose out with the RV park fresh water connection. They usually stick the sewer hose right up over the water tap. :dead: :dead: :dead:

G

I seen a guy once a couple of years ago rinse out his sewr hose with thw white hose ,, and guess what he did next????? He gotta drink of water out of it ,, but he did wipe of the end :eek: :eek: :eek: ...
Well so much for that hose IMO :approve: :dead: :dead: :dead:

rockofages

YIKES! some people are so 'dirty' and usually they end up being the toughest and get sick less than others; still, the thought of it makes me squirm.
My husband always says, "you gotta eat a peck of dirt before you die!" to which I respond, "well I am in no hurry to die so keep that dirt away from me!!!" LOL
anyway I shall be bringing my beach and bleach spray with me when i hit the road.
Thanks for the advice!!
Helen :)

G

U know ,, u gotta kinda think about all this germ stuff ,,, years ago we never worried about chicken or even cleaning the spot where u cut up the chicken,,
Now everyone says to disenfect the area after u put poultry on it ,, HMMMMMMMM
I have 2 kids that are grown now ,,, they played outside every minute they had ,, rolling in the mud ,, outside when it was 20degrees without jackets and not one of them has been sick a day in their life,, i myself am exposed to alot of stuff ,, working on rv's and such ,, but i too have never had a sick day yet,,,
I think that the more u'r exposed to the bad stuff ,, the more u body builds up an amune system for it,,,, just a random thought ,, but think about it ,, we as kids never washed our hands the way kids ,, and adults do now ,,, and we are just fine ,, still kicking around like we were 16 again,,,,
Sorry ,, got carried away ,, but IMO it's kinda a good point..
Bty ,,, my white hose was hooked to the MH this last weekend ,, and the sewer hose it was stored in kinda bleached it ,, u know next time i buy a new white hose it's going right in the sewer hose ,,, then after that i think i'll get a big drink of water outta it ,,,, JK
;) :dead: :dead: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: