Odometer Spike

Ric

I got a used 1993 American Eagle and it took a electric spike, all fuses were replaced and everything works. But the odometer is showing 'Hours' only and will not trip to mileage. I called Fleetwood and Cummins with out any ideals to reset the odometer, I have a new panel coming in a couple days and would like to get the odometer recalibrated. any ideals would be helpful... Ric

fjohn56

Odometer Spike

Hello! :) Is it one of those electronic ones? If so, I would suggest you unplug the dash for about 2-3 minutes, then plug back in and see if that does the trick. Other than that, I don't know. Sorry! :(

Frenchyk

Odometer Spike

In your owners manual it should have instruction for resetting the read-out to work correctly. I know you have a cummins but is the dash a genric chassis dash or a GM or Ford type dash?

We have a fleet of Tractors in the Fleet I maintain (AIR Force)and we have had similar problems. On the Fords prior to 1998, some needed the whole dash replaced as the printed circuit went south and is unrepairable others need the computer repaired or replaced.Most of the failure were from voltage spike caused by bad grounds or shoreline power to the trailers we tow.

But on GM prior to 1996 they used a module that convertered the analog signal from the transmission speed sensors to a digital signal for the dash.This provided speed and mileage for the dash to display. If the unit went bad then the only reading we would get was the hour reading from the computer. This only applied to our GM diesel tractors. the unit was call a Digital Ratio Analog Convertor (D.R.A.C) Module.

My apoligies if I went to indepth or i'm not covering what your unit has for a dash. :blush:

Ric

Odometer Spike

The digital odometer is off to Portland Or., the supplier 'ISSPRO' Inc. told me to send it to them so they could test the board. They will recalibrate the mileage when they send it back. I had about 15 e-mails out about the problem and 1 person from American Coach said it could be done, but never told me how! I called Fleetwood Tech, some great people willing to help and they said to contact Issproinc.com.
Very interesting about the (D.R.A.C) Module, my odometer was stuck on the Hours only. I found a small printed board in the cruise control compartment, which had wires going to the Tranny, could this be the module? The chassis is Spartan... Thank's for the reply, I'll post a update when it comes back. Rick

Frenchyk

Odometer Spike

Not sure about the board -- it could be. You would need the maintenace/ repair manual for the chassis to locate the component if is equipped. The module might have fine print on it(if your lucky) that tell you what its function is.

I should clarify my self. By chassis I mean; who made the engine and transmission?

Intresting to see what turns out. :)