Of interest to vetrans!

Kirk

I received this from the USS Woodrow Wilson Veteran's Association.
quote:VA ALERT ON VAS: the Veterans Administration has put out a warning regarding involvement with an organization calling itself Veterans Affairs
Services (VSA). This organization is gathering personal information on veterans under a VA services look alike website www.vaservices.org. This organization is not affiliated with the VA in any way and in reality is a private company based in California. It describes itself as a nonprofit veteran's service organization but they are actually affiliated with the Military Financial Planning association. They may be gaining access to military personnel through their close resemblance to the VA name and seal. VA's legal counsel has requested installations be informed of this organization's activities and their lack of affiliation or endorsement by
VA to provide any services. In addition, anyone having examples of VAS acts such as VAS employees assisting veterans in the preparation and presentation of claims for benefits, is requested to pass these on to Michael.Daugherty2@va.gov, (202) 273-8636. Mr. Daugherty is a Staff Attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs in Washington D.C. I am attaching an info paper describing the company and their websites. [Source: USDR msg 24 Apr 06]

OldSoldiers

Of interest to vetrans!

There is another bogus VA Org called the Veteran Assistance Program that will badger you to death for money and that cannnot, or will not, tell you or publish their actual charity rate per dollar. I had to threaten them with State Action to get them to leave me alone after donating to them once.

God protect us from organizations that use and abuse Veterans. :angry: