oh please please please HELP

PattieAM

Re: oh please please please HELP

Not having seen any additional posts from the original poster makes me wonder if he's made any progress in his venture to renovate this unit. Granted it bought it for a song, and will be investing alot of time and money in the renovation process. But, one in this situation would wonder 'where to begin'. Does one start at the top and work down? Or start at the bottom (floor) and work up? Hopefully everyone contributed positive comments to this individual and offered guidance/encouragement to achieve his goal.

Have a great day folks!

DL Rupper

Hey PattieAm, we get a lot of 1 time posters. Don't know if they don't like the answer or what. I tend to think they are jubilant about purchasing a new RV and just want to let everyone know about it. Then as the newness wears off they go back to sleep until something goes wrong and then they come back on. Another alternative is they purchase a certain brand of RV and then want to know our opinion of the brand. In that case all they want is positive feedback and clam up if they get any negative feedback. After all it is our opinion they are looking for and don't necessarily like what the hear. :(

iowarvr

RE: oh please please please HELP

Ok, I'm NOT new to rv'n just to this forum. But I will say this, we started out in the back of a station wagon some 42 years ago, went to a homemade truck camper (VERY primitive), on to a larger and nicer but still used truck camper, then regressed to a van and a tent, on to our first of 3 5th wheels, the current being a toyhauler, and now are in the market for a brand new 5th wheel toyhauler to accommodate our full dresser Harley. I am too old and too tired to do anything but RV, so we've been there, and done that (rebuilding) and though it isn't fun, it is sometimes required because of budget, and the good feeling of accomplishment we get when the job is done made us smile. My husband is very handy so that was another thing in our favor. He completely replaced the skin on the back of the second truck camper after replacing rotten wood, had to shore up the bottom of the second 5th wheel because it was 35' and the manufacturer didn't do a good enough job on the back half of the floor for the length of the unit. Our present 33' toyhauler is presently at the dealership for warranty work and then we're trading it in on an 08' 36 footer. Can't wait to hit the road. I don't like to see such word slinging among a forum, but hopefully everyone will walk away with no hard feelings. Happy trails to all of you.
Claudia

DL Rupper

TengoInternet wifi sucks. keeps causing double posts and i have to pay $1.00/night for it. :(

DL Rupper

Hey Claudia, welcome to the forum. We usually all end up as good friends on this forum. I got a bad start and hung around so they could all make fun of my Big Bad Beautiful Dodge Cummins which produces wonderful smelling diesel smoke. :laugh: ;)

brodavid

Ms Claudia, we all are just friends and family, we help each other and have fun along the way. even if Dl thinks his smoke is the best.JK Mr DL Love to all
msjackie
Remember david, he is going back to MUSC for a load of tests on Feb 6

iowarvr

:laugh: Ok everyone, I can see now you are all friendly so guess I'll stick around. Here's the deal...we were looking at an 08' Jayco Recon, but they just can't seem to get the price down to our budget, so have decided we will probably go with the 08' Winner Circle made by Thor. Any thoughts, comments, critiquing, etc. is welcome. Both units are beautiful and seem very well made, but we think Jayco (which is the brand we own now), may be just pricing a lot because of their name. Claudia