OIL FIRE

H2H1

WELL now that we have an oil fire in TEXAS I guess TEX will raise the priceOF GAS:) Hey isn't Nash in Texas, wander if Nash and TEX got together sparks started flying.:blackeye: If you remember Nash was pretty harsh on Texas last week.:) :clown: :evil: MADE ME DO IT

TexasClodhopper

Re: OIL FIRE

Hollis, that isn't an oil fire. That's a smoke screen! We're getting too full down here and trying to hide the place! :laugh:

Ms. Jackie, all Hollis can do is TRY to be good. I think he's always gettin' inta sumtin'! :clown:

H2H1

Hey TEX ACTUALLY thought that maybe DL was driving thru Texas. :) -- ooop I know Dl is going the read this and I will be trouble :laugh: But he is still in Fla enjoy the warm weather.

utmtman

Ouch that sucks. Just what we needed, another reason to raise the gas prices in the US.

ARCHER

It is almost SPRING BREAK TIME AGAIN.......GAS/D PRICES 'ALWAYS' GO UP AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR.....ANOTHER GOUGE, JUST LIKE 'SUMMER VACATION TIME' AND CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS, ETC.
Don't you just get tired of this crap? I sure do. sorry about the caps...... :blackeye:

utmtman

I have always been a little irritated by it but its their way of pulling in a few extra billions during those times that people just luv to do things. And by god if I hear one more company claim its due to a shortage caused by demand I am libel to go after some jacka** a put a bullet in him. Grrrrrrrrr

H2H1

OK LEE CALM DOWN , let's not get so up set we have a heart attack. We all know that gas is going to go up that why I budget for the extra cost. I don't think the oil company could use the extra BILLIONS in profits but that how they get it by raising the price of oil. I just read on FOX News that oil is over $100 a barrel as of now I am paying $2.92 PG. last week it was $2.86. But I be dam- if I will let the oil Companies stop me from RV'ing. I just save a little more cut back on things that I really could do with out just to have the extra for gas. life is still good enjoy it while we can.

utmtman

We workkamp so we dont have to move as often and so we dont have to pay for a site or any of the utilities that go along with it. Figure in five years we will be able to afford to travel more and not sweat the small stuff on fuel prices. I know they are going up also but sick and tired of hearing the lame reasoning. When we all know its money driven and money driven only. I heard on the news this morning on fox that the oil companies are intentionally reducing production and are trying to push the price to 4 dollars a gallon.

G

well to add to more pain ,, the fuel here hit 3.09 for gas and 3.55 for diesel ,, man when is it gonna change ,, never ,, i know :angry: :angry: :disapprove: :eek:

H2H1

Rod can you spell NEVER!!!! WE all know that when spring and summer hits the price of gas and diesel is going up. We just have to save during the winter to pick up the different. as I mention in and other post, the price of oil went over $100.00 a barrel and we all know that the big oil companies need the extra billion. I hate Govnt. interventions but they should step in and at least try to stop the price gousing.

TexasClodhopper

I respectfully, but vehemently, disagree Hollis. Government has NEVER solved any problems. "Oil companies" do NOT control the cost of their product any more than a cereal company controls the cost of rice or corn.

It's popular to beat up on "oil companies", they deserve most of it for their record "profits", but there is the business aspect of it all that is generally ignored.

It is very expensive to explore, produce, and distribute "oil company" products. And it is getting more expensive.

These businesses are having to diversify just like other businesses do.

But, again, it is popular to beat up on them "oil companies" that we all have vested interests in (like owning stock or owning something that owns stock).

The way to reduce the cost is to stop using so much of it. That is something that is going to take a long time to accomplish, so tighten your belts and educate your children and grandchildren.

H2H1

Well Tex I agree somewhat with your reply, however when a company make billions of profit they should re invest it in more refineries that would help out during the winter months as well as the summer months. Don't get me wrong, I believe that a company should make a profit that why they are in business. but lets be realistic about a profit margin. I just think that they are taking advantage of us who like to travel and do so in a MH, TT, 5 WHEELS. plus just going back and forth to work can really cut into a family budget. I am fortunate as I can afford the increase but I will do without my PNB& J Sandwiches for awhile. anyway Tex don't take offense I am just venting a little. replys make me think harder.

TexasClodhopper

I don't take offense. I like an intellegent argument, and you're giving one. :approve:

I agree they should get a far shake, just like any other business.

If you wanted to open a crawfish cafe in Midland, Georgia, you could do it. Even though "some" people COULD get sick from eating too many crawfish and be harmed, you wouldn't be frozen out of your community and not be allowed to throw out your crawfish tails in the trash.

But the "oil companies" are frozen. We yell and scream at them to produce more product, but we won't let them open up any more stores! Go figger. No, it isn't exactly a 'clean' business, but it is being controlled now, so there's no reason why new refineries can't also be controlled. It will never be perfect.

But, because I believe in market forces, I believe we have to encourage 'someone' to provide more product to the marketplace. That means more domestic drilling and more domestic refineries. The whole 'stinking' coast of Texas and Louisiana is pockmarked with chemical plants and refineries, so it's high time some of the other coastal states took on more of the load, too.

That's my opinion based on I'm an old man now. ;)

H2H1

I still thinkALASKA has enough oil to satisfy our oil demand and we could break the hold that we are under from overseas. However the environmental whack ooo say it's bad for the environment.

H2H1

OH Ken that was really good. I got to remember that one. Me and Tex was just having a god time on the oil thing, but I think 9 billions in profit is just a little much. Hey Ken how you like to make just 1 billion in profit? would you re-invest it or call it quits?

G

hey ,, ken if u'r going to the caribean ,, i want to go but not for the stogies ,, just for the beach and warm air ,,, i got my bags packed now ;) ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :approve: :evil: