OK Gray tank Black tank sensors

EddieBolls

Ok I am going nuts here. I need a wiring diagram for a 1995 Shasta Travel master. We got it used and the owner before, had a blow out and it ripped the wiring loose. The Batt. sensor, the LP sensor and the fresh water work....the Black tank showes 3/4 all the time,(needs cleaning on the inside I think. The gray showes full all the time. I cant seem to find a mang. of the system, and can not seem to get the panel off, it is part of the stove vent hood. I can see the level in the Black tank by looking in the tolet when I flush it but have no clue on telling how full the Gray tank is. Help....

ARCHER

Eddie,
How about dumping them to start with and then you know they are empty... :blackeye:
After that, make sure you treat them and then dump them again. Those inside sensors on the black/grey tanks don't work very well most of the time. I just set a schedule (day of the week, when I'm camping) and dump accordingly.
Send email to manufacturer for wiring diagram....I did to Winnebago and they sent me one and water layout, etc., via the net.
good luck :) :laugh: :cool: ;)

hertig

I've seen a company which offers an EXTERNAL set of sensors. Seems like it would be more reliable than internal sensors

EddieBolls

My problem is with the wiring. It was all torn loose. And I need to know were the wires go or how to get the monoter panel off so I can get wire colors.

ARCHER

I'll say it again. Contact the manufacturer and ask for a wiring and plumbing diagram. Bet they would be glad to send it to you. When you contact them, ask them about the sensor wiring and what goes where. One of my wires was loose to one of the sensors on my black tank and I just reconnected it based on the length of wire (it fit the length to the disconnected contact). Good luck

EddieBolls

Tryed. Tge rv company was bought out and non of the old stuff is avab. I am up a black and grat tank, with out HELP!!!!

DL Rupper

Hey EddieBolls. Check out the Geo Method (See RV Tip & Tricks, Forum) The claim is a soft water additive and laundry soap will clean the tanks and sensors. Haven't tried it yet, but intend to next time out. :laugh:

ARCHER

Well, Eddie,
See if you can connect the wires to the sensors by trial and error. Did they totally take the sensor wires away where you cannot even guess? If so, yup, ya got a problem unless you can run new wires down to the sensors from your panel.

DL Rupper

Was that a gotcha because I missed the part about the wires being loose :question:

EddieBolls

well I can understand how to get the panel off the hood ouvr the stove, keep in mind the is a 1996 shasta motor home. I was trying to find someone who had one, hope thay could give up some help, and no dude I don't jab at people just trying to make sure you understood what I was trying to ask.... :cool: