Onan 4k generator not supplying power to RV

wickedmouse383

If I plug my RV power supply cord into the house everything works, if I unplug the cord from the house and start the generator nothing works that runs off of a/c power.
Any ideas?
I checked the 2 glass fuses by the start/stop switch and they are good.
I checked the breakers in the fuse panel too, all are on and glass fuses there are good too.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Onan 4k generator not supplying power to RV

If you are going through a transfer switch, perhaps it is not working.

Some trailers or motor homes do not use a transfer switch. You then have to plug in your cord into a receptacle that comes off the generator.

Also make sure the breakers on the generator are closed.

Just some thoughts, let us know what you find.

wickedmouse383

RE: Onan 4k generator not supplying power to RV

I have it going now...The previous owner never told me I had to plug it into an outlet in the storage compartment for the cord in order for the generator to supply ac voltage to the rv. That's how new this is to me ;) .

I got home today..looked in the compartment and plugged it in..then everything went working like it should.

Thanks for the replies... :)

DL Rupper

Glad to hear you're up and running. Makes RV'ing fun when things work. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Thanks for letting us know. Many times someone asks a question and we never hear from them again. Glad you got it working.

wickedmouse383

No problem, I am a firm believer in feedback. If someone takes time to give me advice on something, I always try to give thanks because without help from other's on this forum, My delima's could be costly otherwise, So all info I am given is greatly appreciated!
Thanks again! :)