Onan 5000 BGM

Jim Ezell

No gas from fuel pump to carburator while turning over engine. I assume the fuel pump is out but at $268.00 I want to check out any other options first. Suggestions??
Do they make, and if so are they worth while, a rebuild kit for this electric fuel pump

Bush70

Re: Onan 5000 BGM

Lets start with the basics. They won't run below 1/4 tank of fuel. Is there power and ground to the pump? Does the pump run? If you disconect the line at the pump to the tank can you suck any gas through it? Disconect the line at the pump to the carb,any gas? Answer these questions and you will probably have your answer. Good Luck

G

Also ck to see if u have any cracks in the rubber hose from the pump to the main tank ,, if so u'r suckking air ,, but do as other's have posted make sure the main tank is atleast 1/2 full ,, and ck for power and ground on the pump ...
also ck the filter ... ;) :)

Jim Ezell

Pretty much determined that the pump is out. 12V motor runs when power put to it, disconnected the rubber fuel pump inlet hose from the coach and put it directly into a quart of gas, would not pick it up even though the motor was running. Do they make a rebuild kit just for the pump or am I stuck buying a new fuel pump?

G

I think that a pump may be in the future for u ,, but ck with Cummins on this ,, they just might have a rebuild kit for u'r model,, u never know till u call ;) :eek:
Bty if u can give me the model number and serial number of u'r set ,, i can look it up in my suppliers ,, and maybe they just might have a kit ,, maybe cheaper than Cummins ,,, let me know ;) ;) :)

G

did u ever get the pump working??? Just a thought ;) :) :)

C Nash

Do you have to have a Onan pump or would a 12 volt after market pump from your local parts house work? Sure would be a lot cheaper but different pressures could creat a problem I suppose.I doknow that on older models they offered kits but even those were expensive.

G

hey nash where are u now??? bty max is really missing u ;) :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

We are in Ft Davis Texas Rod and I tried to go to the chat last night but guess I have forgot my password or Max is mad at me and want let me back in. :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

You'll have to reregister, Chelse. We did a reinstall since you've been away.

C Nash - 2/28/2008 8:53 PM ... I tried to go to the chat last night but guess I have forgot my password or Max is mad at me and want let me back in. :laugh:

H2H1

come on back Chelse they gaining up on me I need a southern boy to help me out :bleh:

C Nash

Aw now Hollis you know just one of us old southern boys can take care of a texan and a turncoat. Guess that's what we'll have to lable Rod if he is siding with that Texan :laugh: Max will go with us. Darn, forgot to put caps on that Texan and now Jim will be upset again. :laugh: