Oregon Trail

Although we are not new to RVs we recently bought a newer one and want to go on an extended visit this summer. We are planning on going to Wisconsin for a fly-in and thought this would be a great time to go on an across country trip, like the oregon trail. My only fear is mountains. Has anybody taken this trip and is there a way to avoid mountains. Any advise or places to see etc would be great. Maybe books?
Beatrice

Oregon Trail

Beatrice,
Welcome to the forum. I don't have any answer for you but there are plenty of others that will have. Just saying welcome.
Happy Rving,
turnip

DL Rupper

Oregon Trail

Hey Beatrice, welcome to the forum. Sorry, the Oregon Trail goes through the mountains along about Wyoming. Sit back and enjoy. Beautiful scenery. :)

Oregon Trail

I live about 20 miles North of the Oregon Trail near South Pass in Wyoming. South Pass is a good highway, not steep, not crooked. No mountains East of South Pass. Come on out to Wind River Country!

Re: Oregon Trail

More over you should find the views breath taking. Most of the mountain areas should be no problem for most rigs. Good luck on the trip and enjory.

C Nash

Re: Oregon Trail

Well I hope they made it since the original post was in Dec 2005. :laugh: ;) Hmm Beatrice only made the one post. :eek: Maybe ew had better call for a search. :laugh: