Our "NEW" Home - 42' Overland Lorado Diesel Pusher

start by getting a wiring diagram for your vehicle (library, dealership (or on the net?) .It should show you where the sensors are located (I don't know your vehicle,

cougarkid

So, surgery went well. Just a few small tears in the labrum and cleaned up and a few bone spurs out of the rotator cuff. Arm was mobile right after surgery and as of today (10/6/11) I have 95% of my motion back. Back to Doc on the 13th.

My 2-weeks prior to surgery, I had planned to get things done on the rv and then get moved in. Well, I had to work late almost every night on a couple of big projects and only had one Sunday to get anything done. That Sunday I managed to get the 40" flat screen mounted, so I could at least watch tv during my recouperation. Holey angles, hack saw, carraige bolts and threaded rods = wall mounted 40" tv

The Thursday before surgery, I got out of work at 2:30. Went home and fabricated a hanger for my 22" flat screen to mount it in the bedroom. Some time with a piece of 6" metal stud, a piece of angle iron, a vice and a Mig welder and I had a tv hanger bolted in place. The 22" tv slides into it and it still mounts on the original swinging hanger I built for the old rv.

Carla came home about 5:00 and we proceeded to unhook and move the old rv and then position and hook up the new rv. Luckily my out-of-the-ordianary sewer connection fit well on the new rv as planned. By 10:30, we had matresses switched out and enough necessities moved in to get us by for at least the weekend if needed.

Let me tell you, this place is a palace compared to our old rv. The newer layout, the wall mounted switches and the size (slide) are GREAT. I can actually walk around the bed and get in instead of climbing over the end.

Up early on Friday morning, showered, and to the surgical center by 7:00 am. Surgery at about 8:30, recovery at 9:30 and out the front door by 11:00 am. Out to eat lunch and then headed home. Slept pretty well that night.

Climbed up on the roof Saturday afternoon and replaced a broken vent lid. Helped Carla move almost all our stuff from the old rv to the new rv Saturday and Sunday the best I could with one arm to use.

Burned some wood in our outdoor fire pit Saturday night while we ate barbeque ribs from a place down the road and drank a bottle of wine. Went out for dinner while staying home.

Big-A$$ bandages off Sunday night and a shower. Regular bad-aids back on. Took Monday off, just because I could. Back to work Tuesday.

All-in-all, not a bad weekend. Lots of time with the wife, naps whenever I wanted, drugs for the pain (although, not a lot of pain), good food and new digs.

Life is (still) good!

Mike

Pictures attached:
The fabricated 40" tv mount on the wall
40" tv mounted on the wall
The 22" tv mount, base stuck under bench top, before paint
22" tv mounted - old tv hole above it, Blu-ray player shelves planned
Just a cool picture (old rv in backround)

View attachment 63View attachment 64View attachment 61View attachment 62View attachment 60

Attachments

• conv_47.jpg
    conv_47.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1
  • conv_48.jpg
    conv_48.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1
  • conv_49.jpg
    conv_49.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1
  • conv_50.jpg
    conv_50.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1
  • conv_51.jpg
    conv_51.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1

Triple E

I think you are eating more than Wheaties for breakfast. :D Good for you. Glad you are doing well. :applause:

H2H1

Steve I just want to know what kind of vitamins he is taking, I know I will go and get me bottle if I find out. Great job. I will be mounting my new flat screen next week when we get home from the M&G here in TN. i will have to make some support bracket in the existing TV hole to bolt the neww TV to. I have the wall hanger for the new TV so hopfully it should be and easy job.

Triple E

H2H1;74606 said:
Steve I just want to know what kind of vitamins he is taking, I know I will go and get me bottle if I find out. Great job. I will be mounting my new flat screen next week when we get home from the M&G here in TN. i will have to make some support bracket in the existing TV hole to bolt the neww TV to. I have the wall hanger for the new TV so hopfully it should be and easy job.

Why don't you do this at the M&G. Lord knows you have the help. Sounds like a great job for Rod. Just sit back, drink a bottle/s of Miller and let the group go for it. :p Speaking of group, you all must be having a great time.

johngwyn

Fix the headlight aim by going to projectors

Check ebay for 92-96 ford bronco projector headlights

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3PC-92-96-F...co&hash=item4cff2b34fb&vxp=mtr#ht_6465wt_1043

I had to do a little trimming to get it to fit correctly, the bus wasn't shaped correctly.View attachment 176

cougarkid;73704 said:
So,

I got the 2 loose panels bolted back down tight.
Dash a/c is still a mystery - still work to do.

Tried to aim the headlights, but the adjusters are messed up. No visable easy way to remove the headllights. There is only one visable screw and it is, of course, stuck. I think it holds the trim on.

These look to be Ford F-150 style headlights by the shape and configuration. They look just like the ones on my 95 F-350.

Had to stop early and replace the fan clutch and a shock on the Cougar.

Mike

Attachments

• conv_112.jpg
    conv_112.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 0