Outback 328RL

Mmb

Currently have a Springdale 269RLS which I pull with an F250 super duty diesel. Single axle. I am considering an Outback 328RL, a considerably longer, larger camper. I have weighed the loaded truck, know the dry Weight of the Outback and have come up with a weight lower the the capacity of the truck. I am still uneasy about the ratio however and would like anyone’s input/opinion. I do not want to ’break’ my vehicle.

Rharris

Currently have a Springdale 269RLS which I pull with an F250 super duty diesel. Single axle. I am considering an Outback 328RL, a considerably longer, larger camper. I have weighed the loaded truck, know the dry Weight of the Outback and have come up with a weight lower the the capacity of the truck. I am still uneasy about the ratio however and would like anyone’s input/opinion. I do not want to ’break’ my vehicle.
We have had our 2017 Outback 328RL for almost five years. We pulled it with an Ford F-150 for about three years but the sway got to me. Every time an 18 wheeler went by we wagged the tail. We upgraded to an F-250 diesel and it pulled the Outback like a dream. We sometimes had to look back there to make sure it was there. No sway at all and no problems either.