over 3.000 free rv parking spaces

Hey, I'm new to this site and just starting out in camping but I'm all about free or really, really cheap. I found this new rv club, omnirv.com, offering free parking spaces, discounts to memberships in Happy Camper and Passport America, and a free trial membership in North American Camping Club. Has anyone checked it out? What should I be looking for in an rv club?

Watch those sites, as the old saying goes "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is".
I have heard good things and bad things about those deals. Most of them were bad. If it were me I would shy away. My opinion only......

Join Passport America directly and you will be a happy camper with extra nickels to jingle in your pocket. I agree totally with Turnip's comment. :cool:

Kirk

I would agree that Passport America is well worth the price, but I have never even heard of North American Camping Club? I would bet that this deal isn't a free one either?

I went to their site and found it a bit questionable. The benefits that they offer are mostly not of the RV type and one, the Flying J discount card is available to anyone who applies for it, without being a member of anything! I suggest that you check a lot more before you spend the money.

Kirk

I have a bit more information on this new RV club. In a post on another RV forum I was directed to this story:

quote:LIVONIA, Mich.--May 3, 2005--Web entrepreneurs are supposed to be in their twenties, right? Not necessarily. Enter unlikely "infopreneur" Orren Hall, founder of OmniRV Travel Club, a web-based business catering to the growing ranks of RV owners.

You can read the entire story at http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/05/03/057369.html

It looks to be a legitimate attempt at a new service company that is calling it's self a club much as does AAA, AARP or Good Sam. All are for profit companies selling things. This is a new attempt to target the older RVer.