Overheating

Shorty

Re: Overheating

I think that you would be happy movin into a pusher. We are. Pushers don't like to sit around, they like to be on the road. One nice thing about a pusher is now I can hear my bride...still don't understand, but I can hear her :eek:

C Nash

Just don't understand you'll saying you can't talk with a gasser :eek: We have the V10 Ford and have no problem talking. Now for handling, power and ride sure wish I had a pusher :laugh: The gasser will just have to please me for now.

Pillaz

RE: Overheating

In a DP you can hear the dw??? Are you trying to talk me out of it :eek: :laugh: Leaving tomaarrow in the Am Wish me luck

Shorty

Chelse
In the 94 Gerogie Boy Swinger we had, even after I added sounds pads, you had to talk with a raised voice. When the clutch fan kicked in, forget it.
After putting on 112,000 miles on it...I wanted something quieter :)

C Nash

Guess it's just the ole mechanic in me :) Like to hear my engine talking to me :eek: :cool: :laugh:

G

u got that right ,, nash , i run from the cockpit on mine to the rear bedroom ,, just to listen to the engine ,,, but boy does it make the wife's eyes get big ,, she tell me what the heck are u doing ,, and i say cking the engine ,, and she says well pull over and do that ,, don't do it while we are running 65 down the hiway :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ,, i think i need to buy a gasser next go round ,, :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown:

LEN

Me thinks I will skip the hip boots and go for the waders !!! LOL
Now in the airplane I could do that to take or give a leak!!!

LEN

C Nash

Sometimes it's bad being a mechanic :eek: The first big plane I was on I was sitting in the tail section right beside the engine. Thing sounded like it was knocking to me :laugh: Ask the attendent for a parachute and she just gave me a funny look :eek: Don't think I was flying first class :laugh:

G

now that is good ,, nash ,, never thought of that ,, :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shorty

I do agree with listening to the sound...that little puff-puff sound that comes about 300-400 miles before the next set of manifold gaskets need to be put in. ;)

Domingo

problem solved. I had the radiator taken out and cleaned out all the lines. They where all cloged not sure what caused it. Replaced fan clutch.Replaced termostat. An old race car mechanic I met also sugested I drill two small holes on termostat. I figure it could not hurt. I just came back from the Ozarksin Ark and MI. I even drove highway1 from oklahoma into Arkansas.The temperature gagestayed stationary I even ran the air conditioning while climbing crazy hills.

C Nash

Glad you got the temp problem fixed Domingo. Flushing regulary and adding new antifreeze, proper type, helps keep the flues clean inside. Like everything else time and miles tend to create problems. Guess you could say the radiator vains clog just like our blood vains do. :)

Domingo

It was fun not having to worrie. My wife is loving it because we went anywhere she wanted to go. I did not hesitate. We drove wherever we wanted to go. Alicia wanted to see laura ingles place in MI. We had such a great time. She is already planning our next long trip to New Mexico and Colorado. :)

Pillaz

Well, I made it back . I am glad to hear from domingo. I believe I have the same problem. I flushed the radiator before I went and it helped some. We had to do 60mph on I95 to keep temp gage out of the red. (It was 98 degrees when we were traveling. I lost no fluids and other than driving slow had no problems. I guess its time for a new radiator. Oh boy can't wait to pull out the fan shroud, tranny cooler, electric radiator fan etc. Found a new on online for $250.00 :(

Domingo

Pilaz let me know how it works out for you. I think the holes on the termostate also helps.