packing

4116sst

Someone please tell me how to tactfully tell my wife that she doesn't have to pack every baby toy, every dog toy, all the clothes from the house, and enough food to feed an army, just for a weekend camping trip!

TexasClodhopper

Re: packing

Put your foot down hard .... and tell her flat out ...

.... then put your other foot down in front of that one ....

.... then put your other foot down in front of that one ....

.... and so on ....

And don't stop until she cools off! :clown:

H2H1

just do the packing yourself. and if something isn't packed , just who at fault :laugh: Ditto on what Linda said.

H2H1

By no means are you by yourself. If we go even for a short trip the DW will pack at least 3 changes a day of clothes, and 6 pairs of shoes. She said you have to be prepared. I just think it a woman thing. I would say just be glad she is with you and put up with it. :laugh: :laugh:

LEN

Come on guys look at what we pack "just in case" WE could rebuild the RV two times over with just the tools we bring, much less the fishing-hunting-sports gear, rope tarps ground cover. And then the BBQ gear. Oh yes and the chainsaw for firewood. Their just doing their side of the equation. my god I gotta be overweight LOL!!!!

LEN

*scooter*

I agree with Len. Once too many times the DW said I should bring something I thought would be useless. Oopps! Wrong again. With the extra I pack, I can't say much.. And the food....that's a whole different subject. :eek: ;)

SnowbirdInFlight

I try to pack as light as possible. My theory is that if we really, really need it down the road, we can probably just go out and buy it. If we don't need it, then great!

C Nash

After you leave and are traveling down the road Just tell her to throw out everything she dosen't need and shouldn;t have bought along :eek: Then you just thumb back home :laugh:

G

that will work ,, kinda Nash ,, but if the rv breaks down and u are sitting on the side of the road or where ever ,, and she ask "got it fixed yet" , and u reply "no , don't have the part i need " well i think u all know the rest :approve: :approve: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shorty

Don't know what the problem is. Mine buys what she needs, forgets where it was, gets another, then sells it at a yard sale and it starts all over. :laugh: :laugh: ouch...ouch :blackeye:

G

Damn and i thought mine was the forgetfull one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek:

H2H1

I bet DL didn't have the problem with 14 years on the road. Rod get some insurance that pays for break down on the road, and when it breaks call in and sit back and wait. :laugh:

cwishert

You guys are so funny! :laugh: I am the one who only takes one change of clothes for a weekend at the beach. My dear hubby has two pair of jeans, two or three sleeveless shirts, one long sleeved shirt 3 pairs of underwear two pairs of socks and boots and sandals for one night on the beach. And of course every tool he can think of that he might just need in case. I would pack one fishing rod and reel and a well packed tackle box but he brings 4 poles and 3 tackle boxes. And he doesn't even fish at all!! :eek: I could go on and on about all the other things that are in the MH that have not been taken out, used or even thought of since we started. But someday we just may need just that and we will have it there. I am also of the opinion that if we really need something there is bound to be a Wal Mart within driving distance. So see not all women need to pack the whole house for a short trip. :approve: :laugh:

cwishert

If you're talking about me Len, I guarantee you'd wish you were blind!!!!!!!!! :eek: :laugh: :clown: Or you would think Shamu done washed up on the beach! What I meant is if we are just staying one night I usually don't change clothes or take a shower as we only live 30 minutes away and I can take one and change as soon as I get home. I do take extra clothes if there is going to be a second and subsequent nights. If you do see me laying on the beach though, please don't try to push me back out to sea. I probably had too many adult beverages and hubby just left me there! LOL :eek: :clown: :eek: